Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay UK availability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I unable to add a card to my Fitbit Pay wallet?

Is Fitbit Pay not available in the UK yet?

Thanks.

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Why am I unable to add a card to my Fitbit Pay wallet?

Is Fitbit not available in the UK yet?

Thanks.

No, not yet. Not until some time in early October (date tba)

Best Answer

I don't think anyone has successfully got fitbit pay to work. I don't think the service has launched yet, even in the US. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything about fitbit pay @SunsetRunner

It's rolling out, only confirmation of an actual use thus far has been for prepaid starbucks cards on the starbucks app. Hang in there bud !

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Oh OK. Got the Ionic yesterday and was willing to use the Pay feature.

OK then.

Best Answer

Congrats!

(we who are still waiting anxiously - heh)

Be sure to come back and share the experience @SunsetRunner 🙂

Yay, VISA

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm liking it so far but the music transfer experience hasn't been great.

I hope it improves with time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a first - be sure to review pp 47 up here to stay out of the weeds, I've memorized it.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue in the US

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see fitbit pay has been released in the US and Australia. Hopefully it won't be too long until it comes to the UK now. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with Fitbit's support helpline. Unfortunately they don't have a date when UK banks are going to be added to Fitbit pay. 

I have the ionic, I can get all the way through card setup, but at the end it tells me my card is not supported.

I feel a little bit cheated by this watch as it doesn't do what is advertised, I hope Fitbit actually pull through with this one or there are going to be a lot of these returned.

Best Answer
Yea I called them also. It was released on Monday in America but only supports a few banks. Mine is not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You're not gonna be pleased with this, just messaged there guys on the Fitbit UK & Ireland facebook page and when I asked if the had "any news on when UK banks are going to be added to fitbit pay" I was given this "answer".
Thanks for your interest, George! As of now, Fitbit Pay works with major credit and debit cards from top issuing banks in the US, Canada, Australia, Singapore and EMEA (i.e. Banco Santander, HSBC). We have no updates on when Fitbit Pay will be affiliated with UK banks but we look forward to possibly having it just this 2018. We'll keep you posted on updates and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. Let us know if you have other concerns!
Yep, apparently we may not even get it this year. Fitbit really dropped the ball with this one.

Best Answer

Can't say I'm surprised though. Look how long it took for us to get Apple, Google and Samsung pay. There isn't really much incentive for the banks and they have to put in all the extra work to enable the system for little return.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hi

I am very disappointed to read it could be 2018 before UK release. The payment option was main reason to upgrade. I understand it takes time to negotiate but that should have started way back. 

Please consider Barclays Bank for UK please. 

I also don't understand why American Express isn't working for UK if it is available in US?

Thanks

Best Answer

I can't see Barclays getting on board to be honest. Look how long it took them to sign up to Apple Pay after all the other banks were already on board. Barclays still isn't available on Android pay as far as I know. I'm confident Nationwide will be one of the first though, they were a launch bank/building society for both Apple and Android pay in the UK. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Barclays are hardly going to accept any third party payments app the bank expects you to use there own app to make contactless payments 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2018 for the UK seems realistic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like it's launching in the UK today. Don't get too excited though, I've never even heard of the launch bank!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/10/24/fitbit-pay-arrives-uk-tiny-challenger-bank-starling...

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

It's one of the smaller of the app-based banks that have started up in the last couple of years. I've heard of it but the reviews are mixed in some ways.

UK Ionic owners will definatley be in the minority. Starling Bank customers will also be a minority so I'm not sure how much overlap between those two groups there's going to be!

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer