Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay UK availability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I unable to add a card to my Fitbit Pay wallet?

Is Fitbit Pay not available in the UK yet?

Thanks.

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

I have written to nationwide and tsb (though getting their own accounts back online is probably more pressing for them right now as i cannot access anything for over a week!!). Heres hoping theres more integration! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should actually read some of the comments posted about lack of bank support, alot of people are upset and have been miss lead, Fitbit you need to come out and say whether more banks are signing up for Fitbit pay in the UK, this is a massive part of the watch feature which is useless, I'm usually a Garmin guy thought I give Fitbit ionic a go big mistake, never buying Fitbit again 😤

Best Answer

Ditto. I moved all my accounts to one of the big UK banks for better loan and mortgage rates and for the simplicity of one provider. That was some years ago and something I am unlikely to change, and even if I did change it would all go to just one provider. So either way I wouldn't set up a starling account because it's madness to hold another account with another company just to keep topping a watch up with money. I've gotten so used to google (nee android) pay that I'm not pi**ed about the £300 I wasted on a smartwatch/tracker that doesn't live up to its claims.
 What I am pi**ed about is the ionic's propensity for updates that break it's Bluetooth connection and waste hours of my life restarting, refreshing and re-pairing. 

Best Answer

Exactly. Misleading.

A watch that requires you to open another bank account? Really?

Best Answer

@Narcissus wrote:

Exactly. Misleading.

A watch that requires you to open another bank account? Really?

Please quote the Fitbit source that mislead you. As far as I'm aware when you buy a Fitbit watch you aren't required to open a new bank account and they never said your bank would be supported paying via Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've just applied for a Starling Bank account with debit card.  I'll have the card in 5 days.  I'm going to transfer just a small amount of money to it.  And use it as an emergency back up if I'm out without my phone or purse.  Took me 5 minutes to open.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just applied for a card with Starling from their app.Took me 5 mins.  I'll only transfer a small amount to use as a back up plan but it will make my already useful ionic watch that one step better.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just applied for my card.  It'll only be used in my watch as an emergency back up but will make my already useful ionic watch that one step better.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just opened mine.  Says the card will be here in 4 days.  I'm just going to load a little on for emergencies say when I'm out for a run without my phone or purse and need a drink etc.  Could be useful.  May as well try asks use it until the major banks are added.  

Best Answer

Starling works brilliantly. I did the same as you and just put a little on to try it out, now i use it more than my nationwide account. hope youre experience is as good as mine and it makes the watch work 

Best Answer

What about people, who don't want to open another account? If US AMEX works fine, why UK AMEX does not work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Your comments and feedback are truly appreciated. Fitbit is always trying to add new banks to the list. The best way to make your voice heard is by posting your idea on our Feature Suggestion board, because those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Also, as mentioned before Santander Bank has been added to the list of banks compatible with Fitbit. 

Your understanding and patience while more banks are added to the list is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm surprised we've got this many banks supporting Fitbit in the UK right now. Brexit is hardly a great environment for the expansion and creation of new financial products and services. It's total limbo out there thanks to the current climate in the UK and it seems to be only getting worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took out a Starling card and have been using it here and abroad without problems.  I was a bit nervous about the security aspects of nfc via watch so a new card with limited funds seemed the best way to dip into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointing there are just 3 UK banks who support it, none are even particularly popular ones. Starling's app doesn't support my tablet, Danske I need to go to branch or call and Santander charge me £5 per month for an account.

Disappointing as it was the only reason I spent the extra £10 for the Charge 3 Special Edition. Hopefully they add a bank I can easily open and manage from my tablet. Ideally my actual bank.

Best Answer
0 Votes