Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay UK availability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I unable to add a card to my Fitbit Pay wallet?

Is Fitbit Pay not available in the UK yet?

Thanks.

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

I've unsubscribed because this is just nonsense. Enjoy your Starling.

Best Answer

Yup it's just nonsense I signed up with Starling and I can use my Fitbit to pay anywhere... And the app is very slick indeed..Works great..just how terrible is that. I will be writing to Fitbit very soon and complaining that their payment app works very well indeed as well.

Awful awful they should be ashamed of themselves.

Best Answer

As a Danske customer I agree. Works like a charm and as Danske is my main bank anyway - I had nothing new to do ☺

Best Answer
0 Votes

I knew it....

Narcissus was coming from a logical yes no and not from the view that yes the feature is live but fail that it isn' with your specific bank yet. The watch works. Connecting to either of the two available UK banks and it works. Thats a pass.  Did I do my research before buying the versa hell yeah months worth. Did I know the fitbit pay was live with two banks yes did I literally bank on them increasing integration with other UK banks YES. in the meantime is the product a fail...no. If the payment was the pure reason for purchase and you cannot wait for more integration then we have a choice as consumer. Buy something else or buy this and wait it out. I would like to do the latter because IMO I do prefer the fitbit it's community it's tracker to the AW. It' all a matter of choice and if this thread has taught me anything it' WRITE TO YOUR BANK AND ASK THEM TO INTEGRATE. that will make movement in the right direction. And only that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaptainsChairwo  thats right, its not a hardware issue but a service provider issue, im sure ive seen a thread here about writing to banks to get them onboard, i've written to Nationwide, still waiting on their response.

Best Answer

Me too..nationwide. DONE. Will contact their customer services and chase if I don't hear anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrote to Nationwide ages ago. I doubt they will ever do it, they are hardly a slick IT operation. I can't even deposit cheques for Nationwide at a post office so I don't view them as third party friendly either.

So I went to somebody who did do it. It worked.

Best Answer

Apparently nationwide were one of the first to integrate to Apple on the mobile platform (another forum said). Who did you go with? Starling? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a Nationwide customer I went with Starling .. as stated earlier.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The lack of banks for the UK is poor and not only is there only 3 banks to choose from they are unknown banks that 98% of the population in Britain don't even know or heard about 

Best Answer
0 Votes

since i got the ionic, i just went and got the starling bank card.  Its so easy, just install the app and follow the steps.  So glad i got it, and its kind of like pocket money for me now.   Lets me purchase drinks from the gyms vending machines if i forget my water jug at the gym.

i really do like the starling bank app too, its all futuristic and smart, you will see when you get it.   i just send topups from my first direct straight to it.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing this experience. I’ve been an Apple Watch owner since they first came out and LOVE Apple Pay but hate the battery life. I’ve plumped for a Fitbit Versa after four years with the Apple Watch and opened a Starling account in anticipation of its arrival. If it works as well as Apple Pay I’ll keep it, if not I’ll wait for the next gen Apple Watch and send the Versa back... it’s one of the best features of a smart watch and one I’d miss now...

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I merged a few threads to help keep the community tidy. Smiley Happy

I am very excited to officially announce that Santander Bank has been added to the list of banks compatible with Fitbit Pay! 

So if you have a Santander Mastercard, you can now set up your Fitbit Wallet using that card. 

If your bank has not yet been added to Fitbit Pay, I recommend casting a vote for your preferred bank on our Feature Suggestions forum. 

For a full list of banks that are supported by Fitbit Pay, check out this link

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for this Matt!! 

Best Answer

@MattFitbit  ive had a reply from Nationwide, theyve forwarded my request to their business dept and have stated their always looking to improve their customers use of accounts, maybe theyve had lots of requests and perhaps in the near future they too may add fitbit pay

Best Answer

@soccersnaps wrote:

@MattFitbit  ive had a reply from Nationwide, theyve forwarded my request to their business dept and have stated their always looking to improve their customers use of accounts, maybe theyve had lots of requests and perhaps in the near future they too may add fitbit pay

Same standard response I got (I did this just after Ionic got released).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrote im thinking of moving to santander, if we all did that, they may make more of an effort.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@soccersnaps wrote:

I wrote im thinking of moving to santander, if we all did that, they may make more of an effort.

Doubt it LOL.(and I'd rather stick needles into my eyes then move back to that bank). It is possible to have more than one bank account btw.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i believe you can register more than 1 card, so yes would seem so

Best Answer
0 Votes

been trying to register with santander tonight.........forget it............starling was a doddle in comparison

Best Answer