Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay UK availability

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why am I unable to add a card to my Fitbit Pay wallet?

Is Fitbit Pay not available in the UK yet?

Thanks.

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

Well I've just applied for an account with Starling, so hopefully I'll be one of the few Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Well I've just applied for an account with Starling, so hopefully I'll be one of the few Smiley Happy

Add me to that list. I'm sure they will get a few new accounts opened because of this. I will just use it as a prepay sort of card until Nationwide or Natwest get on board.

I like the fact that Fitbit aren't postponing the UK launch until other banks get on board like the other mobile payments providers did. It seems they just add banks as soon as they are live which is nice. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I'm a starling customer and recently got a fitbit Ionic, so I may be one of the few that can use fitbit pay but very happy to get to use this (will be handy when I get my post-run coffee!)

I've been with starling a few months now (love that it's all mobile only), great customer service too.

Best Answer

All set up with Starling Bank on the Ionic today, was a breeze. I will try paying with it at work later today.

20171027_132925.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee Did you use a physical card or the virtual one? (I’m still waiting on my physical card but my Apple wallet has a virtual card installed.)

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@N8teGee Did you use a physical card or the virtual one? (I’m still waiting on my physical card but my Apple wallet has a virtual card installed.)

From what I see you need to wait for the physical card to arrive to get the CVV number plugged in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

From what I see you need to wait for the physical card to arrive to get the CVV number plugged in.

Ah, ok, thanks. Apparently posted today, so I’ll wait a bit longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I used the physical card, as @SunsetRunner mentioned you will need to enter the last 3 digits on the back to authorise it.

I must say, I'm impressed with the packaging the card come in, very unique indeed. 

So I just purchased something with Fitbit pay, went through perfectly. I'm also surprised that the money was instantly taken from the Starling account. Usually with Android Pay and my contactless cards there is a delay of about a day before the money goes. The moment the transaction went through I got a notification from the fitbit app with the transaction details, and a notification from the Starling app saying that the funds have gone out of the account. Overall great experience so far. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Just got mine set up. Ready for the first transaction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know how it goes @SunsetRunner

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just how excellent  @SunsetRunner?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it's all set up and ready to go.

Unfortunately I'm in no rush to go out and spend 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why launch with a bank I've never heard of! Sure include them, but what about NatWest, HSBC, Metro, etc......

Best Answer

Probably because they were the most approachable and willing to pay ball 

Best Answer

@alflavor wrote:

but what about NatWest, HSBC, Metro, etc......

Hmmm their COBOL developers probably can't keep up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@alflavor wrote:

Why launch with a bank I've never heard of! Sure include them, but what about NatWest, HSBC, Metro, etc......

I'd say it's better to launch with them rather then delay the launch whilst the big boys are still dragging their heels. At least we have the option to use Fitbit Pay now, it may not be the ideal solution but at least it's something. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@alflavor wrote:

but what about NatWest, HSBC, Metro, etc......

This bank you and I have never heard of seems to have developed better software than all of them put together BTW. I think the more people sign up with the newbie the better, it keeps the old farts on their toes.

Best Answer

@N8teGee wrote:

I must say, I'm impressed with the packaging the card come in, very unique indeed. 

Very unique packaging. Impressed too. Like the hologram affect the front window gives when opening it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@N8teGee wrote:

Very unique packaging. Impressed too. Like the hologram affect the front window gives when opening it up.

Did you manage to add it to the Ionic without any problems? Tested it yet? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@N8teGee wrote:

Did you manage to add it to the Ionic without any problems? Tested it yet? 

Added it but not tested it yet. Need to add some funds Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes