Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problems with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Fitbits and want to remain a customer.  What are Fitbit's plans for retaining customers that bought the Ionic?  It seems like a very flawed device.  I have owned an Adidas version for six months and am currently replacing it, under warranty, for the second time.  

Fitbit does have very helpful and fast customer service.  That's much appreciated.

All I am doing with this watch is telling the time and tracking fitness under very normal conditions.  When the watch is new, It is everything that I want.  It works perfectly, but after only a few months both watches have stopped telling the correct time, stopped syncing correctly and experienced charging issues.  The watch works less and less each day for about a week and then stops functioning completely. 

Obviously, this has involved a lot of charging, resetting, factory resetting and a lot of time wasted calling customer service.

I understand that sometimes you get a lemon, but the same experience twice in 6 months doesn't leave me very hopeful that the next one will be any different.

This is an expensive watch and should work reliably for a long time.  As I said, I really, really enjoy using Fitbit products.  But, if this watch fails again shortly after the warranty expires, I have no choice but to buy from a competitor.  I am losing confidence and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Fitbit should do something to address this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I am experiencing the same problems with my Ionic, firstly blamed on the IOS update but I have done everything customer services have told me to and it still loses connection after roughly an hour on my wrist. I am only using it to monitor my sleep patterns and basic exercise so it’s not being beaten about while in use. 

I will be replacing it under warranty hopefully when I speak to customer service tomorrow but I’m not that hopeful going by the last phone call to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes