Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Iconic error - 'Unlock with your phone'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a Fitbit Iconic & I bought a Fitbit Versa.

I gave the Iconic to my husband. My husband tries to set up the Iconic on his phone, The Iconic keeps saying "unlock with your phone" on the screen so no code appears for the setup.

Ive tried hard resetting and turning it on and off. does anyone know how to fix this so he can set up the Iconic on this fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Before you gave it to your husband @Poshabes you should have done a factory reset before handing the tracker over. 

Or at least gave him the unlock code.

You may need to do this several times since timing of the steps is critical. 

After setting the tracker up, set the lock for only Fitbit pay. If you don't use Fitbit pay, there is no reason to have a pin lock. 

Fitbit OS hardware reset.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Poshabes! I'd recommend going into your account, deleting the Ionic from your account, and also going into the phone's bluetooth settings and forgetting the Ionic from there. Maybe this will help.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

nks, but the Iconic is not linked to any phone, we are trying to the set up the Iconic on his fitbit app and it comes up with the unclock with your phone, so not able to do anything. we have tried hard reset about 10 times but still not working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before you gave it to your husband @Poshabes you should have done a factory reset before handing the tracker over. 

Or at least gave him the unlock code.

You may need to do this several times since timing of the steps is critical. 

After setting the tracker up, set the lock for only Fitbit pay. If you don't use Fitbit pay, there is no reason to have a pin lock. 

Fitbit OS hardware reset.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Best Answer

Thank you so much, following your instructions the reset worked.

We were able to now add the Iconic to my husband's Fitbit app.

Stay safe & thank you again, much appreciated.

Best Answer