Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choosing pandora stations

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to choose which pandora stations load onto my Ionic? I noticed that it chooses your top three stations, but these are not the stations I would choose to work out with. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

@adam7272 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! You can either choose to auto-sync up to 3 of your most-played station or manually select up to 3 Workout stations. You can do this from the Fitbit app. I recommend taking a look at this helpful article to learn how to do this. I recommend checking the video on the article which I found very useful.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi @adam7272 & @SantiR,

I've noticed the same thing. The only two options I've discovered are:

1. Let the stations I want to sync play for a while, so they become a top station.

2. Remove all but three of the stations. I just keep a file with all the station names, and add the three I want to Pandora.

I'm interested if anyone has figured any other solutions.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Hi Santi 

I understand it auto-sync your top three played stations, but these are all slow piano stations on my Pandora which I use to help me sleep, and not helpful for exercise. I would like to choose which 3 pandora stations load to my device. Is this possible?

Best Answer

@adam7272 @WavyDavey Thanks for your replies! It is possible to manually add the stations you want. Please do the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the Ionic's picture on the top corner.
  • Tap the Media tile.
  • Tap Pandora and log in/sign up.
  • You will see 2 options: Auto-sync my top Pandora stations and Let me choose from popular workout stations on Pandora, tap the latter. 
  • Tap Add Station.
  • A list of stations will show. Tap the ones you want to transfer to Ionic.
  • To download the stations, tap the sync now option on the app or connect your Ionic to the charging cable for it to connect to Wifi and download them.

That should do the trick! Check the video below for more details.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR,

Does that require Pandora premium? The only stations I can add manually are the pre-defined workouts?

Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey Thanks for your reply! Yes, you need to pay a subscription to Pandora in order to download the stations. You can check more details on this helpful article.

For more information about Pandora subscriptions, see help.pandora.com.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

It only let's you select from a few channels when using this option.  What if we want to add a station that isn't considered a popular workout station?  This setup is frustrating and poorly designed.  

Best Answer

This is just stupid. If you can select work out stations (very, very limited kist BTW) why cant you choose ANY station? Limited to 3 stations makes sense but not being able to choose those 3 stations is just poor implementation

Best Answer

I Don’t think you’re understanding what we are asking. I have a paid subscription but I still can’t pick the stations that I want that is the question

Best Answer

All of these answers are covered in the article that was posted above.

Dave | California

Best Answer

More to the point, if you're a Pandora Premium subscriber can you download PLAYLISTS you've created? This is the feature I was expecting when I purchased the Ionic and now that I've set it up I've got a sinking feeling that I'm stuck with stations...whether this top 3 or 3 of the Pandora curated Workout stations. I really would like to use MY chosen songs / playlist while working out and not be at the mercy of Pandora's algorithm choosing songs it "thinks" I might like. If this isn't possible I really hope Fitbit and Pandora are working on a way to implement it soon.

Best Answer

This is exactly what I want to know. There are two versions of Pandora - Premium ($10/mo.) and Plus ($5/mo.) - and I want to know if the Premium allows you to play your playlists, or if it's a generated station. Because if it's generated stations either way, I hardly think Premium is worth twice the price. I really wish I could just play Spotify...

Best Answer

Yes Spotify is my first choice as well. Was willing to make it work with Pandora if I could load my own playlists for the convenience of running with music without having to bring my phone along. At this point sadly it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Best Answer

@swandog1 @ionicuser223 @Trell @SillyRoy @AReigns Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting on this thread regarding the ability to download playlists or other stations to Pandora. 

Currently, you can choose to automatically sync up to 3 of your most-played Pandora stations, or choose up to 3 popular Workout stations to download to your watch. 

However, I was making some research on the Feature Suggestions Board and was able to find these two:

I recommend voting and commenting for these ideas to make them popular. The more votes the better. If you happen to have another idea regarding Pandora you can always create a new suggestion; make sure to search for existing suggestions too.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I looked at the 2nd pandora link on this response -- and there is no response... just folks asking the same question.

I have a paid subscription... Yet can only view the Pandora WORKOUT stations -- it will not even let me see my stations...  Those are stations I want on my Iconic. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I looked at the 2nd pandora link on this response -- and there is no response... just folks asking the same question.

I have a paid subscription... Yet can only view the Pandora WORKOUT stations -- it will not even let me see my stations...  Those are stations I want on my Iconic. 

Hi @SunsetRunner, it will sync your top 3 stations automatically. It doesn't allow you to browse and choose from all your stations, like it is in the Pandora phone app.

Dave | California

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your interest in being able to select specific stations to add to Ionic.

The link I shared above is a feature suggestion that users have created and are supporting as they would like to have this in the future. The more votes it gets, the better. Please feel free to add your vote and comment on that idea. The more popular it gets, the better too! This is the best way to ask Fitbit for future features you would like to have.

@WavyDavey Thanks for your awesome help on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So when is Fitbit going to actually IMPLEMENT the improvements?  There's a huge difference between top 3 listened stations and the ones I would select to download to Fitbit.  Very frustrating--if we can pick from pre-selected work out stations there's no reason why any station couldn't be selected.

It's been a year and still no improvement.

Best Answer

@AReigns wrote:

So when is Fitbit going to actually IMPLEMENT the improvements?  There's a huge difference between top 3 listened stations and the ones I would select to download to Fitbit.  Very frustrating--if we can pick from pre-selected work out stations there's no reason why any station couldn't be selected.

It's been a year and still no improvement.

It's actually a limitation with Pandora's offline music implementation, likely due to licensing restrictions.

Dave | California

Best Answer