Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracking Not Working 2018

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I’ve updated the fitbit (app and Ionic device) two days ago, my sleep is not syncing/showing on the Fitbit app. Is anyone else having this issue?! Any solutions?! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try restarting the Ionic and see if that fixes it in the future (probably wont bring back whatbis gone). Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Try restarting the Ionic and see if that fixes it in the future (probably wont bring back whatbis gone). Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks!!! I did the restarted it and switch to my other arm. And it showed my sleep then I switched back to the other arm and it still work, so looks like problem is solved.
Best Answer

Thanks!!! I did the restarted it and switch to my other arm. And it showed my sleep then I switched back to the other arm and it still works, so looks like problem is solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Ionic something on the Fitbit or is it a Fitbit model? I don’t have that one and my sleep tracker stopped detail reporting 3 days ago. I didn’t update it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s  the Fitbit model device.

Restarting and switching to wearing it on my other arm as suggested above and help from customer support helped resolve my issue. I messaged support too and that’s the way to go if you need immediate help. Hope you’re able to resolve your issue. Best wishes!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is interesting that mine is not autosyncing sleep on my app, however, if I manually add the time I went to bed and the time I woke up on the app, it does analyze and show my sleep stages. Sounds like the Ionic is recording and monitoring fine, the app is just not automatically analyzing or adding it.  I am using the Android app and it is up to date.

Best Answer

I’ve been having the same problems the past few days. I’m using an iPhone X though.

hope you’ve managed to find a solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution is very helpful! In addition, I also found that if your sleep sensitivity is set to “sensitive” it counts slight movements as waking up. This means that if you slept for about eight hours, but in the middle of the night you moved your Fitbit around or it appears to be loose- you may find that it tracked as much as an hour than it should! 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Ionic not tracking sleep for last two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic only monitoring sleep when doing manually and even then the sleep monitor says how long I’ve slept with no awake time or light sleep in between; which I don’t believe.

I have restarted Ionic and will switch arms on watch. See if it helps a) log sleep automatically and b) gives an accurate analysis on the sleep like it used to do a few months ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset and reinstalled the app.  Still the old sleep tracker!!

Best Answer
0 Votes