Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update 27.70.7.27

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.i received the above mentioned update. I dont see any information about it here. What's new and did everyone receive it?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I thought this update was for the field testing? Have you signed up for any recent beta tests with Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I dont recall signing up for anything other than signing up on this here forum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

...and what exactly is being tested 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received it this morning but am not seeing anything different at first glance.

Best Answer

I got it to. No idea what's different...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully it will fix those battery issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded it this morning.  No changes that I can descern, it did NOT fix the issue of excessive battery consumption and a freezing of the time and my stats when my Ionic is powered off.  Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

Received and applied thismorning - was painless.

I see no mention other than 'bug fixes' hopefully this includes the GPS dropout/connection issue being experience my allot of people since the last update.

Best Answer

@jonnyweave 

I also have this issue and confirm that it's not solved with this firmware update.

Best Answer

@pviolini Well thanks for confirming that I am not alone in the excessive drain battery issue, but it would have been nice if they would have fixed it with this update!

Best Answer

Mine is mainly just having a battery issue, it used to last me a good 4 or 5 days with regular workouts through the week. Now it only lasts 1 day, not sure if I missed the other updates where this first happened but I rather downgrade it 😞           

I choose Fitbit cause of how great the battery is, at this rate the apple watch is going to have a better battery. 

Im using the ionic by the way.

Best Answer

My Ionic has good battery life if left on and 1-2 workouts.  Then it can last 4 days, but I've notice more workouts definitely makes the battery drain faster.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed I must add that I found a (partial) workaround.

If I switch off my Ionic not through the menu but, instead, keeping pressed for 10 seconds simultaneously the left and lower right buttons, then apparently the battery does not drain during the time the Ionic is switched off and you could switch it again on by simply pressing the left button once.

BUT the clock does not keep the time and you need to resync the Ionic once you switched it back on.

Best Answer

@pviolini Thanks for that info.  It's good to know there is sort of a work around.  On a side note, and not related that I know of to the the "freezing of time when it's 'off'," I have noticed that my Ionic is now losing time and I had never notice this before, so likely introduced to my device with this update.  I didn't sync for several days (which is not uncommon for me) and noticed it was 6 minutes behind.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It actually looks like after the update my battery life was messed up initially. But I did a factory reset and now it's back to making 5 days without a charge. Just update and factory reset if you have battery issues

Best Answer