Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot loop

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic which is out of warranty now has been resetting on its own when I use the music and/or a fitness app. It will be functioning fine and then the logo appears and I have to wait til it restarts to get my app(s) back. What is going on? I researched this and changed clock faces (which I don't understand why it would affect the watch functioning) and I restarted it manually. I am not sure, but maybe this started occurring after the last firmware update a month or so ago. 

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have had it less than 2 yrs so I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new watch now.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Try a Factory Reset by swiping left to Settings and then About, Factory Reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JM28, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. Same as @SunsetRunner suggested you, I'd recommend a factory reset procedure. To do so, you can follow the steps that were shared in his post or you can try with the buttons of your device, following the next steps: 

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

I'll be here if you need further assistance. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Iconic fit bit watch has changed and it deals with the changing weather. I used to be able to list 3 cities of my choice now it in celics and no cities,need to reset. Need step by step instructions if anyone is willing to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again

I did a hard reset and it only temporarily resolved the problem. It is still randomly restarting on its own, including about 5 times this morning. It resets when I am using an exercise app (but no music since I lost it in the reset) or even when I am just walking with no apps running.

I have done everything you said and the problem persists. Again, this Ionic is less than two yrs old with moderate use, no accidents, major drops, etc. What is the next step?

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again

I did a hard reset and it only temporarily resolved the problem. It is still randomly restarting on its own, including about 5 times this morning. It resets when I am using an exercise app (but no music since I lost it in the reset) or even when I am just walking with no apps running.

I have done everything you said and the problem persists. Again, this Ionic is less than two yrs old with moderate use, no accidents, major drops, etc. What is the next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey JM28, hope all is well.

Looks like no one responded, but I had the same issue a few weeks ago and stumbled across this post which helped!!! There's a few folks on there that were very helpful. As for me, I had to go through a lot of hoops to resolve it. Wasn't pretty but worked! 

https://thatguyreviews.com/treadmill-display-rebooting-ifit/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whoops, i jumped the gun. I think you're referring to the watch version not treadmill. Sorry!

Best Answer
0 Votes