Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Band not secure :(

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any issues with the sports band? I was teaching a dance class yesterday and the ionic came away from the band. Luckily I had a long sleeved top on and was caught in the sleeve so was saved from the floor. Further inspection I have noticed that one side of the band doesn't fully clip in . You don't get that nice satisfying "click" ... Unfortunately the additional band was a gift and I chucked all the packaging away. I want to get a new one but wanted to check if anyone else was having similar issues before purchasing.

Thanks

Rachel

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rig I recommend trying to push it in again but as hard as you physically can, try not to put pressure on the screen though. I noticed I had to use alot of force when I tried to reattach my band.

If that still doesn't work then reach out to fitbit support. I'm assuming the sports band was an official fitbit one? It doesn't matter that you haven't got the packaging, they should still sort it out for you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

Feel free to contact the fitbit support team, mention it's been a gift (it's up to them to decide).

They can be contacted from the official contact page.
Best Answer

My sports band turned up this morning. Had to push pretty hard but there was a definite click on mine. Maybe yours is faulty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rig I recommend trying to push it in again but as hard as you physically can, try not to put pressure on the screen though. I noticed I had to use alot of force when I tried to reattach my band.

If that still doesn't work then reach out to fitbit support. I'm assuming the sports band was an official fitbit one? It doesn't matter that you haven't got the packaging, they should still sort it out for you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Thanks all!  I pushed a bit harder and I got the click 🙂

It is an official sports band...

Will have to watch that in future that could have been the first smashed one 😮

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer

The click is very important, when switched to smaller bands (first attempts).. didn't hear the click, though pulling gently to test fitted secure, the band parts came loose.. 

Happy Fitbitting Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got it sorted @Rig

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got it to snap. I've had the same problem with one of my straps that came with the fitbit.

BTW, is the sports band fit more comfortably? The default band is really uncomfortable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rig glad you got it to click and that it wasn’t faulty 🙂

@Fit2030 in my opinion the sports band is so much more comfortable than the classic band that came with the Ionic. It is very flexible and moulds to my wrist. I bought the charcoal/smoke grey Ionic but really wasn’t keen on the light grey strap but he black sports band looks amazing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the default strap that came with the box and I'm having the same problem. I was hoping to paddle with this watch but now I don't think I should. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. You were lucky  I wasn't. While cycling, the band came out, dropped on the road and the screen cracked. My top strap was faulty from where it severed. Just two weeks old, under warranty. Customer care is attributing it to mishandling and  refusing to replace. Am still in touch. With God's grace n your support, hope they understand the frustration of user having spent so much money n without any fault, the  beautiful Ionic is damaged. 

Best Answer
0 Votes