Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to fix the stair count in the Ionic? It's ridiculously horrible. When I walk up a flight of stairs, it counts 5 flights rather than 1. It also counts stairs when I'm not even walking them.  It is upsetting to me that a fit bit so expensive would have such a horrible flaw. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I agree with you.  I thought it was funny the first time because I was walking in circles in the elevator and it gave me a stair. THAT one sort of makes sense because I was moving through space as if I was on a spiral stair.

However, in subsequent days I have gotten a stair for washing the woodwork around a door in my home, and for riding the elevator while standing still.  There is a note that incorrect stairs can be removed by creating a walk activity for the same time. I tried that and it did not work.

Hope they fix this.  I have knee problems and currently can't do stairs.  I hope to improve soon, so when I am able I am going to want to see my actual stair climbs recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told that you could delete stair counts by putting an activity of "driving" in.  I attempted that, but it didn't work either.  I wouldn't be that bothered if it was somewhat off, but it listed me as going up 21 flights of stairs when I actually did somewhere between 5 and 10. 

Best Answer
0 Votes