Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs..Gah!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My stairs are 13 feet in height, but my Fitbit only registers stairs intermittently..maybe every 6th or 7th trip. Anything I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

HI there..thanks for the input! I may have found a solution..I did this yesterday and my stairs were all accounted for on the Fitbit... I raised my arm overhead as I mounted the last two steps. Go figure.
And yes, I miscalculated ceiling height..Our addition to our 1883 home  has higher ceilings and I measured from there..the staircase is in the old part of the house and is JUST shy of ten feet, like by a few inches. **ahem**..now I have to move!
Thanks again!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Tasweeka, it largely depends on how you are ascending the stairs as to how accurately they are counted. For example, if you are carrying something, or if you are holding the hand rails, the tracker will not detect walking and now count the stairs.   Are your arms freely swinging while you are climbing the stairs?  When you say your stairs are 13' high, are you measuring the vertical height or the distance up the stairs?  Very few homes these days have 13' ceilings - the house I was reared in had 11' ceilings, which was normal for houses built in the 1800's and early 1900's, but very uncommon today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-LarryDo you know anything about b it.c errors... spaced on purpose because I'm having trouble posting here.  I have sent the image to Support

bit c error.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39, I have not seen a "bit.c" error before, so not sure what that means. But, it is probably related to the way the link was added for "this link", since that is underlined. Did you add that link by using the "insert/edit link" icon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry  Everything as normal and Sandy in the "Cannot View All Activity Group Content"

and me were have problems as well.. I have typed the link because I'm getting b it.c'd on this as well

@USAF-Larrywrote:

@Colinm39, I have not seen a "b it.c" error before, so not sure what that means. But, it is probably related to the way the link was added for "this link", since that is underlined. Did you add that link by using the "insert/edit link" icon?

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-LarryThe last post went through because I put a space in the b it.c.

Had to do it again but it didn't seem to worry your original post.. I feel the "thought" police are at it again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, I think it depends on how you ascend/descend the staircase.  I found this out the other day: I have a staircase at home that I was heading up the other day.  The staircase is roughly 6-10 feet in height.  I kept pausing on my way up and it didn't count as going up a flight of stairs on the Ionic.  However, I went back down the staircase and up it (without pausing) to see if the altimeter was frozen, and the Ionic picked it up as a flight of stairs.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI there..thanks for the input! I may have found a solution..I did this yesterday and my stairs were all accounted for on the Fitbit... I raised my arm overhead as I mounted the last two steps. Go figure.
And yes, I miscalculated ceiling height..Our addition to our 1883 home  has higher ceilings and I measured from there..the staircase is in the old part of the house and is JUST shy of ten feet, like by a few inches. **ahem**..now I have to move!
Thanks again!

Best Answer
Yes, I fiddled around with my "technique" when ascending, and it began
recording accurately yesterday. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes