Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Craziest thing ever - steps never stop adding up;

1-while charging 

2-while sleeping 

in fact, while sleeping I wake up to a dead battery which was full changed when I went to bed .... I have reset, recharged, rebooted, and nothing helps.

Help!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

24.1 miles today and I have left my pjs yet ..... think I will skip the workout today; I’m beat. Haha .....

Best Answer

Try a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue! Up to 18,000 steps already today and haven’t left the house! Tried restarting, changing clock faces, charging, and nothing helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch keeps restarting itself too! Anybody know if Fitbit is working on fixing this? Sounds like a somewhat widespread issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Valentinejd wrote:

I’m having the exact same issue! Up to 18,000 steps already today and haven’t left the house! Tried restarting, changing clock faces, charging, and nothing helps.

Do a Factory Reset. It will be like starting all over again.  Swipe left to Settings and then About and then Factory Reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So all my saved data will be gone from the app? There has to be an alternative that isn’t so inconvient.

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of your data in the  App or at Fitbit.com will be missing.  When you go through the setup again, when you get connected, everything will be exactly the same on the App and at Fiutbit.com.

All you will "lose" will be any settings you have made on the watch itself and your clock face if you are using a different one and any apps you have added. If it is possible to sync before you do this, you will even save todays data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Factory Reset - hahaha; now I’m doomed ..... can’t find my Ionic or Server. Piece of trash!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your waking up with steps, please check your activity log to see when the steps where recorded. 

If they where not recorded today, then yesterday's step count did not reset at midnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes