Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps accuracy and flashing display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem with my Fitbit Ionic (as many user post but seems no solution), after 5 months of use, now two days it completely destroys the statistics adding steps and distance. Did you find a solution?

When it's still on the table, it adds steps and distance (there is no fan, no vibration around, same table like before); Even when charging overnight it added a lot of steps (24,000 while I walked not more than 11,000).

I reset to factory settings, it didn't help. Added a new problem with update - the screen is flashing often. 

What to do?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @eounax thanks for bringing this to my attention, let me give you a hand with your Ionic device and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

Seems odd that your Fitbit is counting steps when you're not wearing it, certainly this is not a common situation nor the way we designed our Ionic device to perform, thanks for troubleshooting this prior posting. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to restart your device and then check: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and How accurate are Fitbit devices? for more information about how steps are recorded on Fitbit devices. The restart process that was previously mentioned should resolve the display flashing concern as well, otherwise, please contact me back so I can further assist you. Take in consideration that our restart and factory reset procedures are completely different. 

I'll be around, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Ricardo, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I have restarted the device many times, I have shut down and turned it on many times, and I have reset it couple of times and nothing helps simply keeps adding steps out of blue.  Plus heart rate doesn’t seem to work and today on the run it couldn’t track the GPS location so I think device is corrupt somehow  ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @eounax thank you too for your prompt reply and the information provided. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

I'd like to appreciate your effort and time troubleshooting your Ionic device. I was informed by our Customer Support team that they are already providing you with assistance regarding the difficulties that were experienced with your Fitbit, therefore, I suggest you to constantly check your email inbox for any update from them. 

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Ricardo!

I am waiting for the replacement now.
Also, I have asked the support team to delete my data from the past
two-three days as it is very confusing (since the device is adding steps I
have 35,000-50,000 steps per day registered which is absolutely not true)
and also the badges for my "fake" achievements of those days 😉

============
Best regards,
Hovhannes

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Ionic started doing the same thing this morning, it continues to count steps even when it is off my wrist.  What is the fix ?  have restarted a couple of times and the same thing happens. 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I'm happy to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts. Welcome aboard @Willyba65. Thanks for your reply and update @eounax.

@eounax I'm very happy to know that our Customer Support team assistance you with a replacement device based on our warranty policiesSmiley Very Happy Don't hesitate to contact them back if you need more information and details regarding your replacement order or get in touch with me if you have any additional questions, I'll be here.

@Willyba65 Thanks for bringing this to my attention and troubleshooting your device prior posting. Our Support team informed me that they already provided you with assistance regarding this situation, therefore, I recommend you to get in touch with them if you have any additional questions about the conclusion that was provided. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes