Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps tracked while doing Spinning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I recently got the Ionic and I have a Peloton Bike also. 

For those of you who do spinning, whether it be a Peloton Bike or at a studio/gym, etc, do you guys get steps added to your daily total from spinning? Whether I start the exercise shortcut for Spinning or not (as I have done it both ways since the Peloton Bike allows you to share your data to Fitbit and logs your exercise automatically) I get anywhere from 825-1300 steps added for a 30-minute spinning class, just depending on the intensity of the clsss. 

This seems odd to me, but I have tried two different Ionics, and have had the same basic result, so I find it hard to believe both are defective.  

Any input is appreciated!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community @mmarro1978! Thanks for the details you've mentioned as well for the troubleshoot you've tried. In this case, even when you're doing Spinning or your watch is in another mode; it will still show steps for that amount of time if you took any. 

You may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote and comment on them to support it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Umm.....first off I got rid of the Ionic as it’s not a good device.

Secondly, maybe try and read my post before you reply to it! You guys are a joke!

The device would add 700 steps while on the bike spinning during a 30 minute class! It’s not while I’m taking steps! It’s that the Ionic took all the movement of my legs/body as “steps”.

The Ionic should “block” the accelerometer when manually starting a non-step based exercise (such as spinning, outdoor biking, swimming, etc). The Apple Watch does (which is the device I have now as the Ionic can’t even come close to matching Apple) and the Ionic should have also. But you guys don’t want to do that. Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone.

Please excuse any typos!
Best Answer
0 Votes