Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Been home sick all day. The new Ionic is on my charger and has been. All day. My old FitBits have been unsynced abs are lying about in a closet. And I got 2 badges today for walking 20000 and 25000 steps.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Was the Ionic near a fan or anything that vibrates?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Ceiling fan? Is pretty far away though. That's all i can figure. It has never done this before and that's where i typically charge it. Weird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't surprise me. I'd suggest that anyone who has a Fitbit and believes they have actually met their walking goal for the day may be deceived. Having gone from several Garmin devices to then try 2 Fitbit devices, I can assure you that the algorithms Fitbit use is very poor in comparison. I just returned a Charge 3 because it was grossly inaccurate and wouldn't sync. I then bought an Ionic. This one is better at syncing and more accurate in general use; however, I've just achieved over 40,000 steps riding a motorcycle. So the vibration is clearly triggering steps! You couldn't fool my Garmin like that. Hell I could stand there and swing my arms pretending I'm running and still not register a step. Fitbit seem to be nice devices but I wouldn't buy one hoping to measure accurate steps or calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes