Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't make up mind

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Am going to buy either the Ionic or Apple Watch 3. Have read everything I can in past few hours. Still can't make up mind.

Lean toward the Ionic due to battery life and sleep data. But think I may be able to get the sleep data I want buy charging AW a. It before bed and usIng a 3rd party app.

is the continuous heart rate monitoring of the Ionic worth it or is the every 10 min checking enough? 

Dont think i care about cellular and will probably buy the non cellular if I go with Apple.

Thanks much for any advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Have you considered the Garmin Vivoactive 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re only worried about battery life, the AW is fine. I charged mine first thing in the morning, on waking and while washing and having breakfast and that would be enough for the day, with a couple of hours gps tracked activity (quick top up while showering), and enough to track sleep that night. Rinse and repeat.

I used a third party sleep tracker, but to be honest, I don’t think it was as good as Fitbit’s. But the AW is tough to beat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are the features you really want and refuse to compromise on? If you want and need smartwatch apps and notifications AW is the way to go. I exercise, and Apple simply doesn't handle fitness tracking as well as fitbit. The ionic is the way to go for me, but everyone is different. Most of my friends use garmin watches, good watches, I just don't like the software. Go with what works best for you and your needs. I would say, apple makes the best smartwatch, and garmin makes the best sports watch. I think fitbit does both really well and they suit my needs, but your needs may be different. Only you can decide what works best for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes