Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My strava will not authorise on my fit bit app

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

A tentative yay!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s good news. My app still displays the same. I tested my watch earlier and it sent through to strava. I then went for a run then it stopped working again. So frustrating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help, my apologies for the delay in responding. I'd like to begin giving you a warm welcome to our Community @Juslox. Also, it's nice to see you again participating in our forums @Trichrun @TerriF1970 @AndreKramer and @charlottemo92.

First, I'd like to appreciate your patience and efforts troubleshooting this situation prior posting, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you guys. To the users that are still having difficulties with the Strava app connection and the Fitbit account, please revoke access to the app, then reconnect it. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard and click the gear icon in the top right corner 
2. Click Settings and then click Applications. 
3. For the app you’re having trouble connecting, click the Revoke Access button. 
4. Follow the steps for connecting your Fitbit account with the app.

@AndreKramer Thanks for helping other users with your comments and suggestions, I'm sure that the steps that you provided will help other users. I'm also happy to know that your concern was resolved.

I'll be here if further assistance is needed. Let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll gladly assist you with all of them. Please keep  me posted. 

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo - I've done the various steps in this thread to no avail.  Fitbit Ionic still shows as "Authorization state: Not Authorized" and "Account: N/A".

I've:

deleted the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalled

revoked access to Strava and reapproved Strava at strava.fitbit.com

deleted and relinked my fitbit account to Starva mulitple times in the starva app (i can see it in strava when i go into the starva app)

All i'm looking to do is record runs on Ionic and have them synch to my Strava app.  This was working totally fine up until like a week ago.

Any ideas?  I can screenshot whatever you need.

Thanks

Tom

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @tmadde01 welcome aboard, I'm happy to give you a hand with your difficulties. My sincere apologies for the delayed reply.

I appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting your concern prior posting. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of the message you receive? I'm not familiar with the "Authorization state: Not Authorized" and "Account: N/A" messages so I'd like to investigate further to continue helping you out. 

I'll be looking to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I'm having the same issues with it stating Strava not authorised. I've done all the troubleshooting I have found and it's still not working! When I open the app on the watch itself it says 'Link account go to Strava settings on your mobile app to login' which I have done dozens of times now!

In the settings it is saying not authorised even though I have granted the authorisation!

So frustrating, it makes me want to switch to another make of watch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner thanks for bringing this to my attention, welcome to our Community Forums.

Thanks for troubleshooting your device prior posting, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. As it turns out, I'm unable to know which troubleshooting steps you already tried, therefore, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you the revoke access process that was shared on my previous post and let me know how it goes. If you still experience difficulties, please let me know when was the first time this was experienced and how many times since then so I can investigate further and provide you with more information.

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have revoked access 3 or 4 times now and also uninstalled Strava from my fitbit a number of times and reinstalled it.

My activity is being logged on Strava so there is a link however the app on my ionic is still not working and says I need to link my accounts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try a restart on the Ionic, followed by a manual sync on the phone app to kickstart the syncing of the latest data back to the Strava app on the Ionic?

Sometimes that works regardless of whether the app thinks the two are linked or not.   As you have probably picked up from the many threads on this topic Its not very stable, and fitbit have been working with Strava for a long time with these issues seemingly without much progress.   

To be honest I dont find the Strava app on the Ionic to be particularly useful anyway, so as long as the run data makes it to my Strava desktop then Im happy enough, but I can appreciate that its frustrating that it really doesnt work as seamlessly as you would expect.

Best Answer

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Thanks for your reply and update @SunsetRunner. It's nice to see you again participating @Iain_K.

@SunsetRunner I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation. Many apps include options to adjust the notifications, allow certain permissions, and customize what it displays. To access the settings from your Strava app, please follow the next steps:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Find the app or clock face whose settings you want to change. You may have to swipe up to see some apps. Tap the gear icon .
  4. Tap Back when you're done making changes.

@Iain_K Thanks for sharing your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device and the Strava app, the suggestions and information that was shared in your post may resolve some user's doubts. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

I'll be here if both of you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes