Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support More UK Banks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the Ionic and one of the main reasons was having the ability to pay at checkouts using the watch. Very disappointed at the lack of supported cards here in the UK. I use a Visa Debit card which, like so many other popular cards, is not supported.
I feel when you advertise the ionic you should mention that it supports very limited cards or even better get more cards on board.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@DrewTra Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding Fitbit Pay supported banks. 

What bank would you like to see as supported for Fitbit?

Also, take a look at this list to check the currently supported banks.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I too can't believe the lack of UK banks that are available for the Fitbit ionic. When is this going to be updated? Santander is the only High Street bank I've even heard of on the UK list. Can we please have Nationwide, NatWest, Lloyds, Barclays added as soon as possible please? 

Best Answer

Any update on this please?

Best Answer

My JetBlue card uses Barclay, so I'd like that. Be sure to vote on the suggestion item for this. The problem is more in the banks than FitBit. A lot of negotiation is required. 

Barclay has been holding back as they're thinking of doing their own pay. But when I wrote them they responded they will indeed start being more open and soon have a FitBit pay as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is not a problem with fitbit but with the banks, ive spent months campaigning with Nationwide and they have written to say they have no immediate intention of allowing fitbit access to their cards .

I signed up to Starling to use my watch and have been very impressed with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we please have an update on this as I i've recently brought a fitbit and the UK support is terrible out of the 4 UK banks you support only one have I actually heard of as a consumer bank:

• boon. by Wirecard

• Danske Bank (Mastercard)

• Santander

• Starling Bank (Mastercard)

This is unacceptable compare this to apps like yolt and others which make use of the banks open APIs. Fitbit is really dragging it's heels here.

Best Answer

Just got the Ionic for Xmas, NFC payment was one of the main factors I got it. Gutted to see that UK bank support is STILL so utterly bad. I feel that the advertising used for this product is misleading as the bank options are so limited. NatWest, Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, HSBC, come on FitBit, where are they???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Dribull,

I agree but it seems Fitbit don't care and after contacting the asai https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/ they don't see an issue either but if enough ppl make similar complaints I'm hoping it might force them to reconsider.

Only takes a few minutes to make a complaint

Best Answer
0 Votes