Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim App on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic does not record swim laps.  After numerous conversations with Tech Support, apparently there is a known issue with the swim app?  When will this be fixed?    

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@AugustWest Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting the experience you have had with customer support. Thanks for sharing the information they provided to you regarding the swim tracking situation you are experiencing.

As customer support informed, Fitbit is aware of it and working on a solution. I don't have a time frame on when this will be done. Please feel free to ask customer support if they have any updates about this too.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Keep me posted!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

With all due respect, that' is an unsatisfactory answer.  So, now by expensive sports watch is a glorified water "resistant" clock.  I am on my second Ionic because the first one took in water.  Now this?  Obviously there are issues with this watch and the technology.  Should have never left Garmin.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AugustWest Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details.

Your feedback is appreciated. Best thing you can do is continuing to contact customer support regarding this. I'm sure they will let you know once this gets a solution. 

If I find some information about this; will let you know.

Thanks again for your patience.

See you around!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

MY ionic stopped counting laps more than 6 months ago.  It worked for the first 50-60 miles but the last 90-100 miles of lap swimming I have tried everything.  I get the same blah blah blah answer from support.  They know they have an issue and are working on it.  If anyone has had any success with their lap counting issue please let me know.  I think I'm in the market for an apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do yourself a favor and buy the Garmin Fenix 5.  Haven't had an issue yet.  Great multi-sport watch. Garmin makes great products.  Read quick before the Fitbit police remove this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes