Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Force Sync an Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The iconic will not sync and the time will not change. How do u force iconic the sync?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@cira Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the time not updating even though Ionic is syncing properly. 

I believe that the time zone settings may be incorrect on the Fitbit app. Please double check by doing the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the "Account icon" on the top right corner of the app.
  • Swipe down to "Advanced Settings".
  • There you will find the time zone settings,

If the time zone settings are showing correctly, but the time on your watch is not, try the following:

• Turn off "Automatic Time Zone".
  • Manually select a different time zone than your and sync your watch.
  • Select your actual time zone and sync again.

Check if the time updates on your watch after doing this.

Another thing you could try is changing the clock face to a different one on Ionic if none of this works. This should certainly help you out.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Surfcat69 Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is very strange! Are you still experiencing this?

I'll show you how to force sync it:

• Open the Fitbit App.
  • Tap the watch's tile (the picture of your Ionic on the top right corner of the app).
  • Under "Sync" you will find "Sync Now". Tap it to start a sync.

Another thing you'll like to do is updating the Fitbit App for Android devices to its latest version (version 2.65 released today). That should definitely help you out with this as well.

If you happen to keep experiencing the same situation with syncing; please check this helpful article that will show you some troubleshooting steps you can try to get this sorted. It is the most helpful thing available! Smiley Very Happy

If the time is still incorrect after syncing; check the time zone settings and make sure they are correct:

• Open the Fitbit App.
  • Tap the account icon at the top right corner of the app.
  • Check the time zone settings.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thank you that helped

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

@Surfcat69 Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that my suggestions helped you out with this. I'm also glad that you are back on track enjoying your Ionic. Please feel free to mark my post as an accepted solution if it helped you out. That will help other users as well!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR  Hmmm 2.65 you say I'm still on 2.64 even went to the Android Play Store and it also says latest version is 2.64.  Is the 2.65 only in certain countries for now because it doesn't seem to be available here in NZ yet.

Just checked again and Play store is still only 2.64 can post SS if you want

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only version 2.64 is available.
Phone: SONY X Compact

Best Answer
0 Votes

And yet @qooApps according to Fitbit 2.65 was released and has been available since the 22nd 3 days ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I have a similar problem where my Fitbit ionic does sync however my time doesn't update currently stuck at half hour behind. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cira Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the time not updating even though Ionic is syncing properly. 

I believe that the time zone settings may be incorrect on the Fitbit app. Please double check by doing the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the "Account icon" on the top right corner of the app.
  • There you will find the time zone settings,

If the time zone settings are showing correctly, but the time on your watch is not, try the following:

• Turn off "Automatic Time Zone".
  • Manually select a different time zone than your and sync your watch.
  • Select your actual time zone and sync again.

Check if the time updates on your watch after doing this.

Another thing you could try is changing the clock face to a different one on Ionic if none of this works. This should certainly help you out.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply it has helped fix the issue. I have had to switch off the auto time zone and do it manually. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cira Thanks for your reply! I'm very glad to hear that the steps provided helped you out and that you are back on track. Thanks for trying the suggestions!

Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too. Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a fitbit app. I use a computer with Win10.  No smart phone. How do I get mine to sync?

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saguaro Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post your inquiry on this thread. Thanks for sharing those details.

To sync to a Windows 10 computer you will need to download the Fitbit app for Windows 10. You can download it at the Windows Store. Then, please check this helpful article to get more details about how to sync with it.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do I need to download this every day to sync in? How do I force a sync
when it won't sync without downloading the app each time?
thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saguaro wrote:
Do I need to download this every day to sync in? How do I force a sync
when it won't sync without downloading the app each time?
thank you

You will need a USB bluetooth dongle (around $10) unless your motherboard has one built in. You will only need to download the app once. But to sync you will need to run the app when you need to. Once you have the paired the watch to your Bluetooth on the PC it should sync without issue each time you run the app. As far as I am aware the watch will not auto sync to your PC unless you have the app always running in the background, so if you close the app you will need to start it again to sync.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience regarding this topic. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too and will benefit the Fitbit Community as a whole. Thanks for your great contribution.

@Saguaro Thanks for your reply! Please check the post above as it is really helpful. Also, please feel free to check this helpful article to get all the details about syncing with any platform including Windows 10 computers.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for thinking of me.  My computer syncs on its own now.  I still can't sync it when I wish to but guess that is life. May  ask another question? How do I set the sleep sensitivity while using a Win10 computer?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saguaro wrote:

Thank you for thinking of me.  My computer syncs on its own now.  I still can't sync it when I wish to but guess that is life. May  ask another question? How do I set the sleep sensitivity while using a Win10 computer?  

Along the top right next to the three ... is an icon that looks like a business card. Click that then scroll down to Advanced settings and click that, on the right side panel you will see the setting for Sleep sensitivity you can change it there. Or you can change it on the web dashboard under your watch settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the business card icon, that must be only on the phone. But I did find the sleep sensitivity this time under "advanced settings"  which is under the profile data.

My friend can't see her steps during the day. I can so she must have a different clock face. Where can she go to change hers to be like mine?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes