Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation problems - Possible quick fix

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This fix which helped me on a few occasions, was when my Android would not connect to my 'phone/Bluetooth.  I have noticed in my own case when everything is working fine it is always when I have my 'phone on me within range of the Ionic, wi-fi or data does not have to be on, but when I connect either way to the Internet I get a sync. The fix may work for Iphone. 

1. Go to settings on the Ionic tracker and scroll down to 'Bluetooth connection options'

2. Press on  '+Audio device'  this will activate/force your Bluetooth to search for nearby devices.

3. Whilst your tracker is searching, go to your Fitbit App' on your 'phone.

4. Press the Ionic icon top right, then scroll down to notifications and select/press.

5. Go to the top right and press on the three vertical dots

6. Press on the  'Send a test call notification'  - you should get a test message and vibration on your ionic.

If your lucky you should be back in business. I have tried to sync my Ionic till the cows come home. The Bluetooth on the Ionic is very stubborn at times to activate. This hopefully will give it a deserved kick-start.  Good luck.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks! Im sure this will help some!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Ref: the Possible quick fix - I should have added, you might have to select 'Test call' again if need be, I found I had to do this once. You may have to wait a few seconds until the message goes through to your tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Procedure doesn't work for me.  Tried it 5 times. Never get the Test Call signal.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Hi, sorry it did not work for you. However, have you restarted your Ionic and your 'phone so as to start from scratch ? as with computers generally, a restart usually helps to reset things, then try the 'fix' again otherwise the 'fix' will not work.. I don't mean to 'teach my Granny to suck eggs' hi hi.  Good luck anyway, I hope everyone experiencing these frustrating problems will have 'Fitbit' sort these problems out to their satisfaction a.s.a.p.

Best Answer

Yes, many restarts also, a favorite troubleshooting tool of mine.

Best Answer