Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing fails every other day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for almost a month. Use it with iPhone 8.  I had no problem setting it up.  It worked for two weeks no problem.  About two weeks ago syncing failed. I went through several steps to get it to work again (I had experience with a Charge 2).  It worked.  However now it stops syncing every couple of days and I have to reconnect.  Why???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@EstherS I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying troubleshooting steps to better the connection of your Ionic with your phone. 

There are some reasons as to why it may be loosing its connection with your iPhone, check them out:

• The software on your iPhone or iPad is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your iPhone or iPad is on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • Your iPhone or iPad isn't managing other Bluetooth connections.
  • If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it. Check here for more details.
  • Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If after checking the above your iPhone will still not sync, try these steps:

• Force quit the Fitbit app. For more details check this Apple help article.
  • Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  • Open the Fitbit app.
  • If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your iPhone or iPad. For details check this Apple help article.
  • Open the Fitbit app.
  • If your Ionic didn't sync, restart it

That should definitely help you out with this.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes