Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit has become useless.  As of 10/25, no matter what troubleshooting i do my fitbit will not sync with my phone and isn't even the correct time. I have factory reset it over 10 times. I recently started paying for the premium membership and am now paying for a watch that is useless in every way. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Exactly the same issue and it started the exact same date.

Best Answer

My Ionic started losing its bluetooth connection with my iPhone SE at the beginning of this week. Re-booting the Ionic (holding down back and bottom buttons) mostly gets the bluetooth to reconnect but not always - sometimes I have to try two or three times. This is now a daily event as I find the the bluetooth connection is severed when I try to sync every morning. Sometimes the connection lasts for the day and sometimes it doesn't so that I have to re-boot the Ionic again during the day. The only thing that has recently changed has been the download and installation of IOS 14.0.1 to my phone. Is this the reason for the problem? What are you doing to fix this Fitbit? Will the new firmware release for the Ionic solve it? 

Best Answer

Exactly the same issue here, and started on the same date. I have tried all the usual restart, unpair, re=pair, factory reset, uninstall app, reinstall app etc and nothing helps. At best the device will sync once or twice before the connection fails again. Worse still, it isn't even usable as a watch - sync the last successful sync 4 hours ago it has already lost half an hour. They were making clocks more accurate than that 300 years ago.

A bit of internet searching reveals large numbers of people reporting the same fault. It is clear that this latest firmware release has not had even the most basic testing. Absolutely unacceptable.

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing this week.  After my second chat and try to fix session it is completely dead after a failed factory reset.  Second ionic in two years.  Both lasted only 11 months.

They offered a 35% discount on new fitbit.  Why would I buy another item that obviously won't last?

Any suggestions on a similar product that tracks steps/sleep/heart rate??

Best Answer