Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing the ionic is slow and unreliable

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has gradually become more and more slow at syncing. This is extremely frustrating 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@paulahopwood68 wrote:

My ionic has gradually become more and more slow at syncing. This is extremely frustrating 

@paulahopwood68, many have found help with the synchronization process by closing the app, opening the phone's Settings for Bluetooth, selecting the Fitbit tracker, Forget the device, close the phone's Settings, re-open the Fitbit app, and sync the tracker.  That may or may not work for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Even more frustrating is that you don't tell us your config, and the full detail of what you are doing 😉

Have you tried searching the forums for solutions?

Best Answer

@paulahopwood68   try restarting yiu Ionic immediately before you sync. That usually helps with mine. Also mine seems to sync best with my phone, not so well with my tablet, and abysmally with my laptop! So if you have different devices, try a different one. Let us know how you go.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

How rude. I' new to all of this and I thought a few key words would a test me in the right direction 

Best Answer

@paulahopwood68 wrote:

How rude. I' new to all of this and I thought a few key words would a test me in the right direction 

Ignore him. 

Anyway, it would be helpful if you let us know what kind of phone you're trying to sync with. 

I have found with my Samsung S8, contrary to some opinions, that leaving bluetooth on on the phone and "Always Connected" on on the app greatly improves my ability to sync. 

Best Answer

Get used to the rudeness, unfortunately. I have faith that all the bugs will get worked out and the syncing issues will be resolved. I started sending the feedback when mine crashes.

Ionic and a BlackBerry KEYone
Best Answer
Hi mine's a Samsung s8 too. I'll give that a go. Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I'm not sure how this works. What's a runner 🙈
Best Answer
0 Votes

@paulahopwood68 wrote:
Hi. I'm not sure how this works. What's a runner 🙈

Are you referring to the "nickname" under your username?  If so, that is a classification for your level of activity in the Community - the more posts, votes, etc., the more you move up the chain for the levels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@paulahopwood68 wrote:

@paulahopwood68, many have found help with the synchronization process by closing the app, opening the phone's Settings for Bluetooth, selecting the Fitbit tracker, Forget the device, close the phone's Settings, re-open the Fitbit app, and sync the tracker.  That may or may not work for you.

Best Answer

I have an Android as well (LG) and have had a horrible time trying to sync it. Sometimes It works, sometimes not. Believe me, it has nothing to do with your phone, otherwise we wouldn't be having the same problem. Do you have a tablet or computer you can try? I can usually get mine to sync to my Amazon Fire or my Windows 10 computer quite reliably.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hi, I've not tried that. I'm on it now. Thanks

Ah really. I see 😀 thanks

Hi I've tried this. Thank you. It does make a difference. However keeping the all day syncing has worked better. Thank you again for your patience. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes