Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text replies don't go through from Ionic to phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I get a text notification, I see the reply button, so I tap that, then I choose a reply from the given choices, and it says sending, sending, sent. But then I check my phone and my reply isn't there. So I have to send it from the phone anyway. 🙄 I should add I guess that I'm on Android 10 with the November security update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MacPhyle Thanks for the details mentioned. It's pretty weird that you're receiving this error message. 

I would like you to try the restart your Ionic and then try setting quick replies again. If you're still receiving the same error message, please provide me with a picture of what you're seeing in your Ionic. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@MacPhyle A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that when you're replying to the text notification it doesn't show on your phone. I would like you to log out from your app, force quit it and then log back in. Please double check that your Fitbit app is running in the background this will ensure that your notifications are sending correctly. 

If your quick replies are still not working, let me know the mobile phone that you have and I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Silvia, the email you sent had in it a link for me to use in replying, but that got me an error back and didn't go through, so I'm reposting my reply here:

Thanks for your reply Sylvia 🙂
Ok I just tried again first doing the steps you mentioned, but I see now I get an error message on the Ionic:
"This message is expired and no longer valid." But the message I'm replying
to I got literally just seconds before I was trying to reply to it.
*Elizabeth Whitmire*

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MacPhyle Thanks for the details mentioned. It's pretty weird that you're receiving this error message. 

I would like you to try the restart your Ionic and then try setting quick replies again. If you're still receiving the same error message, please provide me with a picture of what you're seeing in your Ionic. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just tried a restart and then a test text reply, and it appears to be working now. Thanks! 😊

Best Answer

@MacPhyle Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that after you restarted your Ionic, your test text reply appeared on your watch. 

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes