Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

8 months. Display glitching, band broke when I am away from the UK.pixlr_20181207195713958.jpg

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Sorry but it appears you do not take care of your device. Its pretty dirty

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Dirt didn't break screen or band. It isn't relevant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried getting in contact with customer support? As its 8 months old you should still be within your warranty period. They will be able to discuss your options with you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I am in South Korea for next 3 weeks so I can't really easy make any calls. My communication channels are quite limited right now. After I am back I will contact Fitbit. For now, I used duckt tape to tape the band on. Sort of works. Today wanted to go to do some bouldering so tried to "fix" the band. Couldn't find any strong glue here ( or rather my Korean is so limited ).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok I see, yes it can be difficult when you have issues when you are travelling. 

I know it may not be ideal, but are there no local shops that sell Ionic bands? Yes it would mean buying a band, but at least you don't have to worry about the tape coming loose and potentially losing your Ionic in the process. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I am not sure if there are ane places to get Ionic accessories. The biggest problem is that I don't know Korean and most of Koreans don't known English so communication is very difficult. Tape isn't perfect though and on Monday I will check in my office if we have any strong glue that could fix my band. I was supposed to get anothrr watch before my trip but Amazon failed with delivery on time so I ended up with broken Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Did you have any trouble getting it replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't. Back then I was abroad and couldn't have it fixed. I just used glue to fix ( didn't want to be without the watch for the next 2 weeks ). Then I came back but due to personal matters contacting customer support became a secondary thing and till now I just didn't bother. It works as it works, will die? then will die. Anyway, this is my last Fitbit device and I already moved to a competitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes