Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The OS update is taking too long

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am doing the upgrade/update for my Ionic - OS 3.0 now for hours. I have turned off my phone (not easy) and started over now twice. The "installing" has been going on now for hours, at least 4 hours just thinking and nothing. Please, anyone have same issue or know what can be done or is it really just taking this long?

Thanks

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Is your Ionic connected to wifi? Is it also on the charger?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it is current on charge and wi fi, even tried bluetooth? I have Iphone 8+ and have even tried to turn the phone off and on, turned bluetooth off and on. No luck....?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Power down everything and restart the Ionic and Phone.  Sync up a few times on the Fitbit app to confirm your WIFI easily connects and is active.  Then tap the download icon.  The entire process took me 10 min from start to finish yesterday.  

Constantly monitor the Ionic to confirm the download and installation is actually happening.  Ignore any pop ups to re-download and start again using bluetooth.  Ignore any pop ups that say the installation is not finished when the Ionic comes back to life.  Check the Ionic actually has loaded .30 -> and carry on after that.  Close any apps if there are any pop ups and resync the Ionic.  The pop ups should disappear.

If you still have problems call Tech Support at the number noted.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that too many times now to even count. I am on about 12 hours of trying this....The download part works then when it goes to installing it just keeps thinking and never completes. I waiting probable an hour while watching the installation basically just keep going and going...(maybe a little less). At this point ready to go back to my garmin fenix 5. At least it works.....Very frustrated to be dealing with this on Christmas!!!

Best Answer

on 3rd hour of watching the iphone app say "installing" and my watch logo seems to be thinking....

Best Answer

I am having the same issues.  I started the download at 9.30am today and at 9.30pm it still hasn't  updated. I keep getting the message that it failed.  My tablet is connected to the internet with Wifi and my Ionic is on the charger.  The Ionic seems to get 3/4 of the way through then fails.

Does the update recommence where it left off or does it start all over again each time?

Best Answer

It starts back to zero every time. I've been doing this update since midnight last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried it at least 1 dozen times and it still doesn't finish. Report
indicates "failed". Honestly I have given up on trying to update.
Regards,
Joan

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am almost at that point too. I guess I am going back to my Versa. At least it did not give me any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried updating my iconic at least a dozen times and it goes for hours and fails. I have restarted both my phone (Samsung galaxy) and the Fitbit and nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh. Update has been going for hours. Followed all instructions in this post - ionic reset, phone reset, etc. 

Glad in paid $300 to stare at a failing update screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was experiencing similar issues.  I gave up for the night and started again this AM with following differences that may or may not be applicable for you:

My Wifi has 2G & 5G networks, the 2 Ghz is older technology but my FitBit app doesn't seem to see the 5 GHz Wifi at all.  So I made sure my phone was on this same 2G network that the FitBit was on, AND I ALSO THINK that the space character in my password wasn't working on the FITBIT even though my phone had no issue with it. 

Got things working with: 1) no space in my Wifi password; 2) used 2Ghz Wifi network; 3) phone and FitBit on same network.

Best Answer
0 Votes