Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Clock Faces not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently, third party (i.e. non-Fitbit developed) clock faces are not working on my ionic.  When I install a new clock face either the numbers are missing completely or show only as zeroes (time included).  Sometimes graphics are also distorted.  I've attached an example showing the clock face as rendered in the 'store' and how it looks on my watch.  This is one that I was actually using until two weeks ago.  It shows two time zones and following a recent visit back to the UK the time zone did not update properly so I removed the clock face and reapplied it to try to resolve that and it hasn't worked since.  I have about a dozen other third party clock faces and they all suffer similar problems but the Fitbit developed seem to be fine.  I've searched the forum and couldn't find anyone else reporting precisely this issue.

In storeOriginal

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I seem to be talking to myself.  Not sure if I've not posted correctly or if nobody is having the same issue.

Regardless, if anyone is, my problem was resolved when I received the 3.0 update this morning.  Whether this was due to a specific bug fix or just installing the update reset something that was broken, I can now load non-Fitbit developed clock faces.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

So I seem to have failed to attach the images.  Suggestions/instructions welcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to be talking to myself.  Not sure if I've not posted correctly or if nobody is having the same issue.

Regardless, if anyone is, my problem was resolved when I received the 3.0 update this morning.  Whether this was due to a specific bug fix or just installing the update reset something that was broken, I can now load non-Fitbit developed clock faces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of the 3rd party watch faces are not working correctly since OS3. They either have certain Items that quit working and a couple even cause reboots so you need to be care full which ones you use. Hopefully the watch face makers are loading up their own faces to see if they need to change any of the programming under OS3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JHeisenberg, it's good to see you around in the Community forums, welcome. 

Thank you for the details and confirming that Fitbit clock faces are working properly at the moment, and that you were able to access to them after the OS update. 

There are some clock faces for third party developers that have presented some difficulties; at the moment it is recommended to change to other clock faces if you encounter any trouble. If you have some specific questions about a clock face option you can also contact the developer directly by going to the chosen clock face in the app and tapping on Settings > Contact developer. 

Thank you for this information @0hwell

I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes