Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This device should have been recalled long ago. Widespread battery issue with Ionic!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic shut off about 5 hours ago despite being at medium level (see screenshot).

I've searched though this forum and this seems to be a pretty widespread issue. Like all the others, I have tried the troubleshooting, but to no avail.

When I contacted the live chat, they first offered 25% off a new device and then 50% off, which is completely ridiculous and insulting, to be honest. I have had replacements issued for 2 Charge HRs and a blaze due to defects and yet somehow still stayed loyal and wanted an Ionic. There is absolutely no reason why one of your newer "flagship" devices should be shutting off randomly and dying. This is a widespread issue and that can't be denied. Please let me know how this can be resolved, because offering a discount on a new device just simply isn't acceptable.

Screenshot_20190803-235734.png

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Fitbit, you're going to lose a lot of customers if something isn't done here. This is clearly an issue that many people are posting about and offering a discount on new devices is a slap in the face! 

Best Answer

This has been reported so many times from many people. Is anyone at Fitbit going to admit that this is a widespread issue and correct it? I have been a Fitbit customer for many years, but if nothing is done here I'll be looking elsewhere. 

Best Answer

Really, when looking at a help site, we generally can assume that only the few with issues post. The tens of thousands of users who have no issues seldom post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, not buying that. This forum is filled with the same issue @Rich_Laue .

Best Answer

True but these boards are mostly filled with the few having issues. How many Fitbits are now being worn throughout the world. Go out into the real world you can easily find many many people with Fitbits. Yes in 5 years I think I've met 3 out of hundreds that have had issues. 

It is the same thing for Apple and Garmin support. I see many people mention on Fitbit that they are switching to one of these. Yet if I go to their support pages or do a Google I see everyone is having issues. 

Why are people giving up the AW and buying Fitbits?

Heck if I search for truck accidents, do you know what type of videos I find? I've come to the conclusion that every truck will be in an accident. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You've used this same canned answer/defense of Fitbit in multiple other threads and you did years ago with my Charge HR and blaze. I get it, you're probably paid by Fitbit, but your obvious bias isn't needed here. This is one of Fitbit's "new" devices that this shouldn't be happening to. Period. An explanation is needed and offering a discount on a new device just isn't acceptable!

I'll wait for someone from Fitbit to reply. Thanks! 

Best Answer

Payed by fitbit? I wish, but to see the relationship you have all the newsfeed tools in front of you. 

BTW snide the Charge HR we have several million more users, do you see millions of more posts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no clue what you're asking me, but again, I'll wait for someone from Fitbit to reply. Thanks! 

Best Answer

You may have to reach out and contact Fitbit. 

Fitbit employees do not try and monitor the community boards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did. I explained earlier in this thread that they offered me 25% and then 50% off a new device. Then I came here to see if anyone else has the same issue and was shocked to see the amount of complaints for the same issue! Completely ridiculous. 

Best Answer

So, here's where I am now. I left it on the charger all day today and tried one last time to turn it on using the reset and it worked! Or so I thought. It kept shutting off every 5 minutes or so. So, I tried factory resetting and now it's officially useless. It's showing a red triangle of death and nothing will bypass it. I opened up another live chat session and he walked me through some steps to troubleshoot and we came up with nothing... At this point, I was hoping to get a replacement shipped out, but since it's out of warranty (it's not even 2 years old!!!I) I'm out of luck and got the same discount offer. After explaining to the chat agent, again,that a discount isn't acceptable, he proceeded to just give me canned, set responses. I think it's safe to say I'm done with Fitbit and I suggest those reading this think about going with another company for future devices. 15649802797563043266038226277281.jpg

Screenshot_20190805-003307.png

Best Answer

Sounds like exactly the same issue as I have. I guess I'll go through the same process myself today and end up with a) A working Ionic b) An offer of a discount c) Buy a watch from a different company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep! Seems pretty common, but they apparently are ok with losing customers. 

Best Answer

If this were true then FitBit sales would be up, yet they have been declining over the last 5 years, their stock is sinking and the CEO is even considering giving watches away for free to bring people in...(”In the Q&A portion of the latest FIT conference call, Mr. Park indicated giving devices away for free was “definitely on the table” and a move like this, while risky, should be seen as a positive sign the company understands how poorly its pricing strategy has been.”).  

I agree that it is usually just those with issues that post in these forums, there are way too many posts to ignore and there are plenty of people who have issues and don’t bother to post as well.  There is clearly an issue and the proposed “solution” is driving customers away....doesn’t sound like a good business strategy to me.

Best Answer

I have the same problem just now... no fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Alta. I had one for 4 years and it started doing it and I figured it was just old. I bought one in September and it is doing the same thing, they sent me a replacement that won't even turn on when it  says it is fully charged. Now they want to send me another replacement or offer me 50% off. I buy mine through Amazon because I can't afford fitbit direct prices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, my Ionic I have had for 17 months just died. 1/2 charged, then started acting funny so I shut down in settings. Went to turn it on and the screen said battery was 0%. As soon as I got home placed it on the charger and it has been a brick ever since. Very disappointed!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes