Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time synchronization Not Correct on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have a problem with time synchronization. My Ionic fitbit loses seconds, minutes. When it is not synchronized with the application for a long time, the clock delays. I have a correctly set time zone and automatically downloaded time in the phone. I tried Ionic reboot, but the problem continues. After restoring factory settings, the clock is delayed by 2 or 3 seconds. I also have BLAZE and there is no problem with time. I am asking for help in solving the problem. Ionic was working properly before the update

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Misma Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic's time. Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps to sort this out and for updating Ionic. 

How often are you syncing Ionic? I'd recommend syncing it at least twice a day. That is what I do and don't experience any trouble with time. 

Now, this shouldn't be happening anyways. So, I'd recommend changing the clock face. Download a different clock face and check if the same thing persists. 

Also, how do you know it is off by 2 or 3 seconds? Just curious about that.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. The proposed solution to the problem has already been tested. Unfortunately, he does not solve it. The phone updates itself on a current basis with the watch. The problem of losing seconds continues. I will wait for new software for the watch. How do I know that he loses seconds? I turned on the clock face with the seconds and then on the computer (because it is the current time) and compared in real time. After each synchronization, 2-3 seconds get lost. I did the test and did not synchronize the watch over night. After 6-7 hours, the loss of seconds was extended. It was about 25

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Misma Thanks for your reply and for testing the workaround on my post. Also, thanks for providing that information about the time on your watch.

Please update your watch once you get the firmware update option. I'm sure that should fix this for you. If you haven't received it yet; it should arrive in the following days as it is a progressive roll out.

Please let me know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

It already has the latest software. Uploaded. Unfortunately, the problem of missing seconds (time lag) continues to occur. In the photo attachment. After synchronization it is 2-3 seconds. This time increases when the watch is not synchronized. With the new software, I restored the watch's factory settings and reinstalled the FITBIT application.czas.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Misma Thanks for your reply, updating Ionic, trying those steps to sort this out, and for sharing that screen shot! 

Thanks for this feedback, I will be forwarding this information to our team. It is very important for us, so thank you again!

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer