Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker Not Found

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to go through the 'turn off/on bluetooth', 'run off/on phone', 'turn off/on Ionic', 'force restart the app phone', 'unpair/re-pair my Ionic' procedure EVERY DAY now.  This is getting ridiculous.  I see threads about this marked "SOLVED", but they are NOT solved.  You provide a workaround for a BUG that has existed for a long time.  Can you please prioritize the fixing of this BUG so we don't have to use the workarounds every day?  Thanks!

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

What phone are you using?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This issue is also happened to me. I use Iphone 6. Can anyone help me to fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the Pixel 2 XL. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scarr44, I just checked the Supported Devices list and the Google Pixel 2 XL isn't on it which may be part of your problem.

@thanhpsbkhnI did check to see if your phone is supported and the iPhone 6 is.  Given that information, that leads me to believe that it's something with the Fitbit servers that may be causing your problem.  Are you trying to sync during peak times?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hello DramaWueenDiva,

Yes, it's because of Fitbit server connection. My watch is fixed now. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

While the Pixel XL2 may not be on the supported devices list, syncing had worked seamlessly for me, my wife, and our neighbor (three different fitbits with three different phones) until recently.  So, I wouldn't say that the syncing issue is due to the Pixel XL2 not being on the supported devices list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, the Pixel XL 2 is on the supported devices list, so that's certainly not the problem.  I'm again today (just like yesterday and the day before) having to go through the workaround steps to get my fitbit to sync.  Please fix the issue.Supported Devices.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for the information provided @scarr44! To use the Fitbit app you must have one of the following operating systems installed on your phone or tablet:

• Apple iOS 9 or higher
  • Android OS 5.0 or higher

While reading your post, my first thought is that your Ionic might be no longer paired to your Fitbit account and that's why it's not syncing or connecting to your phone's Bluetooth. In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Unpair".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

Always make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date. Android is running version 2.79 and iOS 2.78.

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to help.  My OS is Android 9.  Now, if you'd please read my original post carefully, noting that I'm going through all these workarounds almost daily to get the fitbit to sync (I actually didn't have to do any of it yesterday as everything worked fine), you would see that I included unpair/re-pair.  

The point of the original post is that while I CAN get it to sync, over the course of the day, it stops syncing and I have to go through the variety of steps to get it to sync again.  I have occasionally removed my fitbit from the app and re-added it.  I've also deleted the app and reinstalled it. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for providing me with detailed information @scarr44! I was about to create a case on your behalf, but I saw that you got in touch with our team already. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further updates.

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I'm suddenly having the same problem since getting my new Galaxy S10.

I've rebooted the phone & watch more times than I care to remember, re-installed the Android Fitbit App a few times, but it just keeps coming up "tracker not found". Even more annoying, the watch loses nearly 5 minutes per hour, so before you know it, your watch is 20 minutes out!

Having only had my Ionic replaced last October for a similar issue (when using my old phone) this is most irritating.

Best Answer

Hello @DTFC1907, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue. 

The Galaxy S10 is not yet a supported device with the Fitbit app. Note that the devices on this article have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device.

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. 

However, I'd recommend following the tips and recommendations provided at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance.

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi... is there a.n ETA on when this will be fully tested? Extremely disappointed to get a new phone and find out the Fitbit testing has not been completed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Nurdigirl! We don't have this information, our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices listso keep an eye open for updates!

Best Answer
0 Votes