Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic interval workout not syncing to strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know why if you set the fitbit ionic to run, it sends the run to strava but if you set it to intervals then it doesn't send anything to Strava!? Thanks Abi

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Abi81 The Strava app and Fitbit’s syncing to Strava are a bit of a ... nope, can’t think of a suitable, printable, adjective. Suffice to say Fitbit only seems to want to sync to Strava gps enabled runs and rides. Everything else gets left behind.

Best Answer

I think this is more on Strava, Only runs and rides are usable there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MonteCwrote:

I think this is more on Strava, Only runs and rides are usable there.

No, this is a Fitbit issue. Fitbit does not export non-GPS activities.

I have lots of cycling interval workouts on Strava, recorded with bike computer. And indoor cycling (non-GPS) workouts pushed from TrainerRoad/Zwift to Strava. And all my hikes are sync'd to Strava. Plenty of stuff you can post to Strava 😉

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 6.20.50 PM.png

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Yes, I agree with you but these are all listed as subtypes on Strava.  Only runs and rides will show up on your feed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to test that theory, so I did a quick Crossfit workout using my Garmin.  It showed up on my Strava FEED as an Activity:

image.png

And even gave me the heart rate details and impacted the Fitness & Freshness curve:

image.png

Strava is a powerful tool that can capture all of your workouts: run, bike, swim and others (which it captures as XT on the the training log or as actual activities on the training calendar).  Additionally, it can be great for analysis and training but you have to have another means to get those non-GPS activities in if you're going to rely on the Ionic.

Best Answer

@MonteC wrote:

Yes, I agree with you but these are all listed as subtypes on Strava.  Only runs and rides will show up on your feed.

@MJM0613 sorry I never responded to that post just above yours, don't really understand why people think Strava is only for running and cycling.

Everything I've sent to Strava has posted on my feed, as you found out. 

Despite the nice weather, I'm back on the bike trainer using TrainerRoad and it syncs non-GPS trainer rides (just like I've done with Garmin bike computer, and Wahoo fitness app):

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.45.22 PM.png

and those rides include full details:

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.51.14 PM.png

plenty of devices and apps will sync non-gps data to Strava. Unfortunately Fitbit is still limited to only sending GPS activities.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I switched from garmin forerunner to ionic what a mistake ! Ionic dies not give you customisation on intervaks etc etc 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interestingly no FitBit guru even looked at this post. No GPS activity is till okay, but even with GPS-On interval workouts are not syncing to Strava. I used SyncMyTracks app to send the activity and it showed only time and distance, no HR, no route (it was there in FitBit app), no calories 🤐

Best Answer