Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking miles on a walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyway to track the miles on a walk and how would I do this?

Thank you! 🙂 

Josie 

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

I assume you're using the Smarttrack feature to recognise your walk? If so then, No, distance will not be given. If you use the built-in 'Walk' exercise mode, however, then that will do the job just fine for you.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Enable GPS for your Walk exercise, select Walk, wait for the satellites to synch up with the Ionic, and start the clock.  When you finish your walk, stop it and the track will be available via your phone or the web site app.

Best Answer

Hi,

Many thanks for your help. However I am still a little bit confused! Where would I fit the built in 'walk' exercise mode? as this is not listed on my exercises

Thank you 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Josiebelita wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks for your help. However I am still a little bit confused! Where would I fit the built in 'walk' exercise mode? as this is not listed on my exercises

Thank you 🙂 

in your mobile or web app you can add and remove exercises. you can only have up to 7 exercises on the watch so you will have to remove the ones you don't want on the watch in order to add others.

the next time you sync, you should see the ones you added on the watch.

Best Answer

I would like you to explain where/how to add the exercise “walk” to the watch. I used this function a lot on the Blaze. Thank you

Best Answer

Hi @MissJodie - On your phone app, go to your tracker settings - touch the icon in the upper right corner. From there, touch the picture of the Iconic on the next page. From there, go to Exercise Shortcuts. From there, you can add and remove exercises that appear on your watch. If you don't see "Walk" on the list, touch "+ Exercise Shortcut" to add it. You can also check the help article below. Let us know if you need more assistance.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1980

Best Answer
Great. Thanks very much. I am just starting to find my way around the app and watch, to get the most out of it! I have noticed there are many blogs and help notes around on the internet. Next will be trying to put some music on it. First I need to get my computer fixed! The head phones are not available at my local Harvey Norman yet, so no great hurry.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I get to “walk” in my app it says “GPS will not be turned on”. How do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, True I've noted the same. Fitbit has a good community and its very helpful.

Best Answer

How do I know how many miles I walked on my fit bit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Fitbit do you have? It would need to be one that has GPS on it or one that links with your phone GPS. I have the Ionic and all I need to do is touch on ‘walk’ on the watch, and wait for it to ‘connect’ then I press the ‘play’ button and do my walk. Press the ‘pause’ and ‘flag’ to finish. Press ‘end’ read stats then ‘done’. When I sync with the app, I click on the left blue shape with the running icon on it. This takes me too all my activities. When I touch on the walk I just did, I can see all the info. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get the ionic to show miles and steps currently it only show steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I haven’t done a setup since I got my watch, but a I recall googling how to set it up. Much of it is done through your app, not on the watch. On my watch screen after the time, there is a aqua dot symbol which says today. If I touch on it, it shows today’s measurements of steps, steps this hour, bpm, kilometres, calories, floors and active minutes. Have you looked in there? It should also show up on your app home screen and in your monthly results which get emailed. If you login your account on the web you see all the stats too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get all kinds of notifications on my actual Fitbit device with the exception of miles lol. It was a recent change, maybe caused from an app update. If anyone knows how to get the miles walked vs steps on the Fitbit device please post.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How to see miles and steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @Psychnurse66 - you can see miles on your Ionic. Just swipe up on the watch. Scroll until you see the steps, then swipe left and you’ll see miles. Additionally, some the the available clock faces display miles. I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t know how to find miles completed after a walk

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not see the answer I needed her, although the answers helped me figure it out. I have a Versa and android app.

1. Open the app
  2. Select the device that you want to change from the top of the app
  3. Scroll down until you see "Exercise Shortcuts"  (note that it says "Select up to 7 activities you want to track on the <device>" ...mine saying Versa)
  4. Open that option
  5. You will now see the items you have on your device.
  6. If you have less than seven items, there will be a plus in the upper right to add a new item.
  7. If it has seven, as mine did out of the box, you will need to remove one by sliding it to the left.
  8. Select the plus to add a new item. 
  9. You can now select items from the dozen or so on the list.  But you cannot have more than 7 items on your device. (If you need more than 7, I am wondering about your exercise life balance. 🙂
  10. Press add to Add to <device>
  11. Your device will update after the next sync. Mine updated so fast that it was there by the time I rolled my watch over to look at it.
  12. You may need to open the exercise app on your device and select configure (the gear in the upper left corner.
  13. Scroll down through the option until you see "Connected GPS" and make sure that option is turned on.

Tomorrow, I will see if it logs my walk miles. I assume it will since the only issues I have had is my knowledge of my Versa. 

Cheers!

Best Answer

i have a fitbit versa...can i see the miles i have walked on it???where is it at..cant find it

Best Answer