Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking spinning calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic won’t log my spinning calories which I input manually. Why? What do I do?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Burlin54 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that your spinning calories aren't logging. I would like you to make sure you're doing this procedure to manually log your activities: 

1. Tap the Today tab 

2. On the Exercise tile 

tap the + icon > Log

3. Tap a recent activity, or search for an exercise type.
  4. Enter the activity details, and tap Add

Additionally, I would like to know if you're seeing any error message that's not letting you see your calories on this exercise. If you're please attach a screenshot to your next reply and let me know the phone you're using. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Burlin54   I looked at your profile and I see that you are a new Fitbit user.  Your Ionic has an Exercise app that has Spinning as an Exercise Shortcut.  It uses a heart rate based algorithm to calculate your calorie burn for you spinning workout.  I also want to point out that you get heart rate and calorie burn information that is measured at one minutes intervals when you use the Exercise app on the Ionic.

Check out his Help article: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? 

You Ionic is a very capable device that can auto-recognize certain exercises (spinning is not one of them) and has the Exercise app with 20 Exercise shortcuts.  I don't see a reason to log anything manually.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes