Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treadmill Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Ionic, set to treadmill and ran 3 miles in 25 min and ionic tracked me for 1.48 at 17 min a mile??

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

that is a pretty awesome speed. all wrist trackers do not capture mileage accurately between the treadmill belt and what it is counting as a step. There are several theories around why- length stride is different on a treadmill vs pavement, the arm swing is different.. for me it comes down to speed. The faster I go on the treadmill the less accurate the mileage is. you were running at about 7.1 (basing it off of me running 6.8 and doing 3 in 27 minutes), if you do a walk at about 4.0 you will see the accuracy dramatically increase. So because it is giving you less steps but the length of time is accurate it is making you a walker instead of a runner. I feel you. I will say that the more you run with it the more accurate it becomes. Again, not proven theory but my experience.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

that is a pretty awesome speed. all wrist trackers do not capture mileage accurately between the treadmill belt and what it is counting as a step. There are several theories around why- length stride is different on a treadmill vs pavement, the arm swing is different.. for me it comes down to speed. The faster I go on the treadmill the less accurate the mileage is. you were running at about 7.1 (basing it off of me running 6.8 and doing 3 in 27 minutes), if you do a walk at about 4.0 you will see the accuracy dramatically increase. So because it is giving you less steps but the length of time is accurate it is making you a walker instead of a runner. I feel you. I will say that the more you run with it the more accurate it becomes. Again, not proven theory but my experience.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer