Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to be patient! Ionic on Windows

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Ionic is being used with Windows Phone 950xl, and Windows 10 on my laptop. Both are fully updated to latest versions of software. So far the basic functions of the Ionic are working, BUT:

1. The Wallet cannot be used, no way to enter credit cards, etc. No settings icon on the app choice.

2. The weather function says to enter location, etc. in the app; when attempting to do that you get a screen to enter a city, with no city choices or confirmation, just says "loading" briefly, then bombs out. If you type in Phoenix, and leave the screen, nothing is retained. 

3. The only apps with a settings icon on them in the My Apps list are Strava, Starbucks, and Weather, and none of these result in a working app!

Come on guys, I am patient, but to release the Ionic with so many flaws is hard to justify! At LEAST confirm that is not working and estimate a fix date for us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ArtWalter,

I'm not sure if you had a question, but I can reply to some of your post.

Wallet works. I suggest doing a search on this forum for "fitbit wallet", and you can read how others got it going.

Weather, same thing. If you search "weather" on this forum, you can see how others have got it going. Likewise, if you search Strava (its thread is on the front page) you can read its status also. Basically, you have to read up on this stuff, or get it from the manual.  We're all on the frontier, here.

You're not the only one having trouble setting some of this stuff up. There are solutions--just look for them.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
WaveyDavey!
I have downloaded and read the entire manual, and have read many of the posts regarding all these features, and have checked for Ionic firmware updates; I have not reset to factory default, and have not removed Ionic from app and reinstalled it. I did not want to create more problems for myself. I assume you are using the Windows version (not Android, and not Apple). I haven't seen working solutions to my issues, but thanks for your post!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have Windows 10 desktop, but I set it up on my android phone because I had issue and think that Windows doesn't implement bluetooth very well. So I feel for you.

Most of my problems with the Win10 app have been related to bluetooth. Switching the computer's (or phone's) bluetooth off usually fixed it. 

Sure you tried this, but in case not, go to the Microsoft Store and make sure you're running the most current version.

If the forums here don't have your answer, I would open a ticket with Fitbit Support so they can troubleshoot it.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes