Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn by Turn Navigation Notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone found a maps app that will send turn by turn notifications to the Ionic? I’ve tried Apple maps and Waze but I’m not getting anything. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I’m not sure why you think such a thing even exists? Maybe in time, but I think that’s too much to expect here and now.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@MikeF wrote:

I’m not sure why you think such a thing even exists? Maybe in time, but I think that’s too much to expect here and now.

@MikeF really?

Because like Blaze, the Ionic supports notifications, and if your navigation app sends notifications to the lock screen then you can configure Ionic to receive those notifications. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Thank you, that’s exactly why I thought it was possible. 

Best Answer

Ah, OK. I’ve never come across anything that does that so I thought you meant something a lot more integrated.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
if you just want the notifications (I guess from when the app is in the background since I've never gotten system notifications from those apps while actually using them), then you need to flip it on in the notifications settings in the fitibit app after the first time your phone creates the notification. seems to work with google maps app, but not useful to me, I already have my phone holstered on the car dash, so easier to glance that way. also easier(safer?) to just hear the instruction than reading it..*shrug*
Best Answer
0 Votes

@wizll wrote:
if you just want the notifications (I guess from when the app is in the background since I've never gotten system notifications from those apps while actually using them), then you need to flip it on in the notifications settings in the fitibit app after the first time your phone creates the notification. seems to work with google maps app, but not useful to me, I already have my phone holstered on the car dash, so easier to glance that way. also easier(safer?) to just hear the instruction than reading it..*shrug*

I was thinking more for walking than driving, but i will try google maps. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ChadMac,

You could look into the RunGo App which gives turn-by-turn voice navigation via headphones.

Roland

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll try that. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very useful for traveling by air. If I get a rental car, it isn't going to have a mount for my phone. Usually it will have Android auto, but not always. In those situations, having turn by turn on my watch would be useful.

Best Answer
0 Votes