Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off quick view at night.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my Charge 2, I have to put a piece of electrical tape over the display at night as it is so bright.

Will the Ionic have the ability to just turn off the display at night? I hope so!

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Can you can develop a good app for night and sleep mode for the Ionic, then sell it on the app store for a reasonable price? If popular enough, Fitbit might just hire you for implementing for all their devices. Win-win situation I'd say.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As others have mentioned I would REALLY like to see an automatic way to do this.  It could be as "dumb" as selecting hrs where the feature was disabled vs enabled or as smart as trying to intelligently use a combination of movement and ambient light to be smart about it.  Even the "dumb" solution would be a HUGE improvement.

Best Answer

Hi guys, 

I just received my Fitbit Ionic - its looking pretty great! I know its already been said that you can turn the display off and to wake up by pressing a button, unless I am being the typical bloke and not looking.. I cant see this option anywhere....? I would be greatful if someone could tell me how to find the setting. I much prefer the screen not coming on everytime I move my wrist and simply looking when I need to...

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Mem

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you adjust this Erick? I cannot see this setting to access anywhere....

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Main screen, swipe right, Display setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I hmget to the display on my fitbit ionic?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn the quickview feature off for the Ionic Fitbit? I can't seem to find a way to turn it off and the display flashes everytime I turn my wrist, pretty annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdamOpp12 wrote:

How do you turn the quickview feature off for the Ionic Fitbit? I can't seem to find a way to turn it off and the display flashes everytime I turn my wrist, pretty annoying.

As mentioned, swipe left to right from the main screen to bring up the options screen. There you will see Screen Wake. Tap it to change from auto to manual.

Best Answer

I have Quick View turned off and still the screen lights up at night waking my husband up!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the “display” option, I see settings and in settings I see brightness but the lowest I can put it is dim. I want the screen to be off at night, but can’t find the display tab you are describing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you turn the quick view off? I looked in setting but couldn’t find it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swipe left to right from the clock screen.  Top option is "Screen Wake".  Tap it once to change it from "Auto" to "Manual".  You are then forced to press a button to wake the screen.

Best Answer

I do not have that option on my ICONIC.  I think I did I totally, but over the past few weeks I can’t swipe left to right to get another screen.  I also just got the firmware update and have tried a stock watchfave and still no joy. It just drags and pops back to clockface.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Grindstone2,

Welcome to the community!

The option is still there in your Ionic:

1. Press and hold the left button.
  2. The 'Tap to Pay' option will come up by default, there are now three options under here.
  3. Swipe to the left, you should see the option for 'Screen Wake'.  If you swipe to the right, you'll get music controls.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I must be too old to follow your directions.  I swipe left to right and after a few more swipes in that direction I get to “settings”.  I press that and nowhere does the option to open the screen face with a wrist flip appear.  My Ionic used to do it but I reset my Ionic because I kept getting the sensor calibration request and it always failed .  I also downloaded a new update last night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PhilGranwrote:

I must be too old to follow your directions.  I swipe left to right and after a few more swipes in that direction I get to “settings”.  I press that and nowhere does the option to open the screen face with a wrist flip appear.  My Ionic used to do it but I reset my Ionic because I kept getting the sensor calibration request and it always failed .  I also downloaded a new update last night.

@PhilGran with the new update it's moved. Long press the left button. Then swipe right to left.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner,

Thank you for your post.  I just realized that I posted to press the right button (now changed).  Smiley Wink

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you, I think someone needs to keep an eye on the info in the next set blog for accuracy.

Phil
From my iPhone
Best Answer

When I swip right from the home screen the Display Wake option does mot come up. The entire clocl dislay moves right and the moves left, but no option for Display Wake

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I swip right from the home screen the Display Wake option does mot come up. The entire clock display moves right and the moves left, but no option for Display Wake

Best Answer
0 Votes