Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning on Ionic after update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the update, can no longer turn on watch by pressing any button. I got it to turn on, but had to use some combination of holding in 1 or more buttons at the same time.  What;s the correct buttons pushing combo to turn it on?

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I think this may be a fault caused by the update...

I find I have to hold the left and bottom button for over ten seconds to get a response and turn it back on.

Also I turned mine off this morning at 56%

When I turned it back on this evening it was at 0%

Best Answer
Hello, I have the same problem. Battery drain is intense and clock is 3 hours off upon start up and eventually corrects itself. Now my exercise days are overlapping each other and combining stats for both days together. I got a 30.000 step badge because it combined 2 consecutive days into 1 session. I have been pressing the left and bottom right for 10 sec. to turn on. There is no doubt in my mind that the latest update caused all of this. It happened directly after update. I want to go back to previous version until Fitbit/Google works out the kinks. I have a Pixel phone and Google/Android always puts out updates and usually has to tweak them afterwards.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having weird issues about a week before update. Watch would vibrate and change screens continuously, so a reboot helped that. But then it was reluctant to display my screen as you said through touch or buttons. Also screen started fading a bit. I thought maybe the update would fix the issues. However, it made it worse. Now I have rebooted at least 4 times. Then tried factory reset yesterday. Charge drained quickly overnight. Screen is fizzing out. Very frustrating!!! I haven't had it a year. Also, I take very good care of it. No screen damage, scratches, etc...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I press all 3 buttons for around 20 seconds to turn the watch on. Also, have to do a manual sync to get the correct time & date. Found that the time & date is when the watch is shutdown

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BabyMario wrote:

Since the update, can no longer turn on watch by pressing any button. I got it to turn on, but had to use some combination of holding in 1 or more buttons at the same time.  What;s the correct buttons pushing combo to turn it on?

@BabyMario, mine will turn on by pressing & holding the left button and the bottom right button until the Fitbit logo appears on the screen.

Best Answer
Went through customer support. Advised & tried-hold down all 3 buttons &
let go of bottom right one when Fitbit appears then disappears. Timing
thing. When vibrates let go of all. Wait 1-2 minutes while it resets. Turns
out mine was bricked & under warranty. Replacement coming. Yeah!!!!
Best Answer
I had to uninstall the app to get it to work
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same issue, after updating my ionic i shut it down and have some trouble turning it back. My solution was the hard reset which is pressing the back button(left) and together with the right lower button for about 5-10min. and my ionic turned on.. Do it until the fitbit logo appears. i hope this helps..=)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I figured out how to turn it on. I hold left and bottom right buttons in for 10 seconds. My other problem is the day does not change into the next day. Time is 3 hours ahead, I don't know how that can be since I have it set for EST. What zone would that be?😂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Carried out the Firmware update then the next morning, Ionic wouldn’t turn on at the touch of any button as usual.

Held the bottom two buttons and it came on - fine. But I had to do the same two-button-holding thing this morning and the battery is down to 56% after being charged 24 hours earlier!

Am I supposed to reset it EVERY morning now?

Some feedback please, Fitbit ... I’ve been a customer for several years (this is my third Fitbit) and I don’t want it to be my last!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Gavin,I never had to sync mine before. Just turn it on and correct date and time is calibrated. Than later on I will go to mobile App and sync and see my data for that day. Now it's a cluster, I'm almost ready to call Square Trade and try a warranty replacement. This watch came with a 3 Year ext.
Best Answer

Same again this morning - had to reset the Fitbit again, just to get it to turn on. Time was out by 8 hours and battery had dropped about 25 per cent!

No sign of this being fixed....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Watch was 1 hour behind and battery down 50%. Synced and time corrected. Supposedly THEY are sending out a patch to fix this.  We'll see!!!!!!

Best Answer

Same problem.. 

Best Answer

I just got off the phone with Fitbit customer service. I started experiencing this just a few days ago. After the initial phone call and doing a factory reset and reinstall, the issue was not resolved. I called back with a case number and told them it didn’t work. After several minutes, they told me since my warranty has expired, all they could offer me was a 25% discount on a new device. I refused and told them I know I’m not the only person experiencing this after their latest update. Long story short, they’re sending me a new Fitbit. Call them and don’t back down until they agree to send you a new device. They know it’s their fault. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct Sir! Fitbit Customer Service is the bomb! When mine crashed they sent brand new tracker bands charger & all. Very satisfied!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Ext. Warranty through Square Trade.  Called them up and told the rep. battery drain problem and even mentioned software problem.  The rep. was kind of confused when I mentioned the software glitch, because they have to have a problem that than can find on the "LIST" for a legitimate claim.  Than I said screen was flashing on and off and the battery drainage was bad. So I shipped it out with Fedex and when they received it they got back with me after a few days and stated that the device was unrepairable and will be sending out a new one.  Received a brand new Ionic in box with the extra size bands and this time the charging cable was 2ft. the I had was only 1ft. Loaded all my songs back on and new face.  If I get a prompt to download NEW VERSION. Pound Salt Baby!!!!!!!!!  LOL.

Best Answer
0 Votes