Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Set up Ionic after 4 Digit Code

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

Bought an Ionic through eBay and received it today.

I already have the Fitbit app, because I have a Flex2 currently. Tried to do the setup as the manual says and didn't worked. The screen of the watch keeps showing the logo and "Hi! Get started at www.fitbit.com/setup. If I go to the app (in android), to Account and Set up a DEvice, I choose Add a new Device and then the ionic, I agree and then I put the 4 digits code. The app finds the watch but doesn't connect. Does it needs to be charging during the setup? Already did several restarts to the watch and turned off and on again the bluetooth on the phone and still nothing...

Anyone can help? Getting frustrated 😞

Thanks in advance

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nfp78 Setup appears to be more challenging if a devise has been setup to another user prior. I helped a friend with this last night and it was slow set up with many step repeated, but perhaps my trials will help you.

1. Reset the Ionic back to factory settings (clean slate).
  2. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone
  3. Restart your phone & turn Bluetooth on
  4. From the Fitbit app, go thru the steps to add a new device

If the app gets stuck updating for more than 15 min. Close the app and restart. The setup should pick up where it left off. 

Fingers and toes crossed this works for you. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@nfp78, you may want to check out the Fitbit help article, How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but didn't helped, my Flex2 was muche easier to add to the app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nfp78 Setup appears to be more challenging if a devise has been setup to another user prior. I helped a friend with this last night and it was slow set up with many step repeated, but perhaps my trials will help you.

1. Reset the Ionic back to factory settings (clean slate).
  2. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone
  3. Restart your phone & turn Bluetooth on
  4. From the Fitbit app, go thru the steps to add a new device

If the app gets stuck updating for more than 15 min. Close the app and restart. The setup should pick up where it left off. 

Fingers and toes crossed this works for you. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Hi.

Thanks for you replies. This morning, out of nowhere, it finished the setup in 20 minutes or so.

Now I just have a small question, but I think I'll open a different topic.

Thanks

Best Answer

thanks. this worked for me when i couldnt set up from computer.was ready to return it to store but this worked fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem is NOT FIXED.

I got a new ionic, and it connects fine with my android phone / computer; but it doesn't allow me to configure anything until I do the firmware upgrade. 

After it upgrades (27.31.1.16); then it won't connect to my android phone/computer/ios phone at all !
The forum recommends a factory reset, but that just starts the cycle all over again, as it won't let me configure until the firmware upgrade is done.

I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER. If this doesn't  get fixed soon, I will return it to the shop and go all over the internet leaving bad reviews.

I needed the device to help with some health issues, if I knew it would be this bad, I would have gone with a competitor!

I need this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and got an Alta hr instead. it works fine. no hassles
Best Answer
0 Votes

Remarkably well written, no reading between the lines, and it worked.

Best Answer

How do you reset to factory?

Best Answer

Angry much?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the same problem with my Ionic, after not syncing for a few days, I removed it from my account and tried to readd it, but I can't get past the 4-digit sync step either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it figured out on your Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes