Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change PIN for Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been unable to use Fitbit pay since software update several months ago. It refuses to accept the PIN number I have had since day one, and when I try to change it, i type in the PIN number twice, submit it, and immediately get a message that says "unable to connect to ionic".  This, despite getting notifications for emails, texts, phone calls etc, so I KNOW it is connected. I have rebooted, restarted everything, uninstalled and reinstalled app, so please any other suggestions. It is defining reducing the functionality of the watch. Incredibly frustrating. Anyone else experience this problem?

Also, I tried to log into the watch too many times so now I'm "permanently" locked out and indicated they will reset my wallet if I proceed to change pin. I tried to proceed with wiping out my wallet just to make some progress and I get "error connecting to ionic".🤬🤬🤬🤬

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Have a great rest of your day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@OrthoShoe It's nice to see you around. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and providing you with further assistance. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hallelujah!!! It is fixed after 3 months! Not sure if it was the factory reset, the repeated uninstall reinstall, but it allowed me to enter a new PIN! I'm so happy I could cry lol. Thanks for your response

Best Answer

@OrthoShoe Thanks for getting back.I'm happy to hear that after 3 months it started working again. 

Hope you can continue enjoying your Ionic 😀.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having this same issue can you help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kadianrobins A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Please confirm you have tried the following procedure to reset or change your PIN code for your Fitbit device: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to change your PIN code.

If you keep experiencing this please let me know the Fitbit device model that you have and the error message you're receiving when trying to change it. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried those steps and it keep saying Error connecting to versa 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kadianrobins Thank you for getting back. In this case please confirm that your Versa 2 is syncing to your Fitbit app, if not try this syncing troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m facing same issue with Fitbit charge 4. Not able to enter old pin or change pin. 

Best Answer

I’m also having this issue won’t let me change pin and I use the same pin for everything so it couldn’t be something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Have a great rest of your day.

Best Answer
0 Votes