Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select exercise-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try and select exercise and then choose the type e.g. run, treadmill, intervals etc I am not getting past the ‘running man’ icon, it just returns to the menu screen or blank. Therefore I am unable to track any exercise.

I have tried restarts, hard resets, I’m not sure what is left?

Unfortunately I’m out of the return period and I’m still having music issues, I’ve given up with that topic! If this had not been a gift!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @Tiny700, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? You tried our restart and factory reset procedures? If you only tried restarting, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset and let me know how it goes:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Lastly and not less important, can you please share more details about the music issue you're experiencing with your Ionic?

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo

Thank you for your reply

I have tried all of the reset options - factory and restart but neither fixes the fault which has been happening for over a month. It’s annoying as I cannot log any exercise choices. This includes using it in the gps tracking also. The app has linked to my C2 logbook though.

This is the post I started in reference to music. This is the date the ‘conversation’ started.

09-30-2019 20:03 - last edited on ‎10-01-2019 07:39 by SilviaFitbit

Tiny700
Recovery Runner 8 0 0
Newbie to the Fitbit community and to my new Ionic.
After a bit of research I thought I would pay for Premium to get the most out of my new tracker. I enjoy indoor rowing, prep'ing for Atlantic row later this year, and thought rightly or wrongly that the information that you can save workouts on your Ionic in Coach would be correct! Wrong! Who really wants to take their mobile phone in the gym all the time?
Also I want to listen to my own music whilst using Coach, there's nothing on there 'that really floats my boat'! I have trawled the community boards and tried all of the suggestions, especially those from the Fitbit moderators, not just on the indoor rowing workouts but on elliptical, treadmill the lot! Even with wired and Bluetooth headphones!
At the moment I'm listening to my music on my Ionic via Bluetooth headphones while trying to prop up a mobile phone on the erg' reading the subtitles of the workout!
This is not meant to be a woe is me just a request for a bit of direction, this was a gift from my family and it's frustrating not being able to use it to its full potential.
Thanks in advance
10-01-2019 08:06

Tiny700
Recovery Runner 8 0 0
Hi Sylvia, thanks for your quick reply. I have tried the recommendation for listening to my music from other apps, Deezer, Amazon, Apple Music, but unfortunately no luck.
I tried Coach because I thought that I’d be able to put the indoor rowing, elliptical workouts etc from the Coach workouts onto my Ionic. It would be a great option rather than having to take a mobile phone into the gym, as at the moment I may as well use another fitness app’ and take my phone with Bluetooth HR strap.
I don’t think I’ll be continuing with my subscription as it doesn’t do what I had hoped.

I hope this helps
I would now like to know how to return the Ionic as it has not performed as stated, consumer act, and I have not yet had it a year.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue and this corrected it. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes