Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

How do I discontinue receiving all of these messages from the community? I have gone to settings and short of exiting Fitbit completely and discontinuing my profile I can’t seem to stop this.
Please help.
Kathy

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

pretty straight forward issue, ive disabled syncing and went through the verification process, yet received no email to confirm that. At the same time a friend of mine did just the same 10 minutes ago and has his confirmation email already.

Best Answer
Ive just blocked it in my emails.
Hope it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Zing_2 wrote:
How do I discontinue receiving all of these messages from the community? I have gone to settings and short of exiting Fitbit completely and discontinuing my profile I can’t seem to stop this.
Please help.
Kathy

You have to go to My Subscriptions and remove all the things you're subscribed to. Click on your profile picture (it's at the top right of this forum page), and then My Subscriptions, and then just check which ones you don't want to receive emails from. I think you can go to Notifications on that page also and edit to your liking.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

I am in the same situation and seems no way to contact anyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try using this link to get your discount code email: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/devicediscount

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit 
Why are you writing the same answer again? Cant you see that it does not work for anyone here ?
Please talk with your Fitbit web developers. There IS a bug at your page. Its the only explanation of this problem.

Best Answer

@Zing_2 

At the very bottom of the email notifications you receive you should see this "To control which emails you receive from the Fitbit Community
Manage Your Settings or Unsubscribe.

Just click on Manage Your Settings, and then on the drop down box "Email Subscriptions Options". It's pretty self explanatory from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, i just want written confirmation i will be receiving the money 😂

Best Answer

That email comes later 😉 It took about three days for me to get that.

Best Answer

Lmao. You say $200 usd but it's $299 usd so unclear on post as this wasn't correct 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess so, but at least for me, ive waited 4 days, and at the same time a friend of mine has already got it, and he submitted his case today. this is why i am asking

Best Answer
0 Votes

can you send a screen shot of what I am supposed to see? This is not an option in Manage your settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zing_2 

This is the page I see when I click on Manage My Settings at the bottom of the email. Perhaps you need to login if not already logged in. Also, make sure you've clicked on Subscriptions and Notifications over on the right hand side. Make sure the topic is ticked and then click on Delete Selected Subscriptions.

Hope this helps.

Settings.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

My reference code doesn’t work when I’m trying to register. I have tried to contact support but it seems impossible to get any help! Anyone else with same problem?

Best Answer

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic where you’ll find:

* Answers to common questions
* Information on how to receive a refund
* Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.

If you have questions about the status of your refund, visit help.fitbit.com/ionic to find out how to contact us in your region.

If you're getting the message "Reference code not found" follow these steps:

1. Make sure you entered your code correctly (no periods or space at the end of the code). 
  2. If it still doesn't work, try again later today. The registration needs time to complete processing in our systems.
  3. If you don’t have your reference code, contact the refund center

The discount is only available in regions where you can purchase products directly from the fitbit.com store. The best way to purchase a replacement device is to use the refund at your local Fitbit retailer. You can explore a range of Fitbit trackers and smartwatches and choose from the various options available. Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also struggling with this. It's been almost 5 days now. I've even registered again to see if that helps, but I get the same message 

I thought this forum might help, but I see FitBit aren't helpful either 🤷

Best Answer
Ensure the Ionic is syncing to the device you try to register with. I did
this, started whole process again (leaving 30 mins between registering and
putting code in Fitbit help page) and it worked!! 4th time lucky.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit I’m guessing you do not really care about your customers/user. I’ve been a Fitbit user for essentially the lifetime of Fitbit and had a few hard times along the road but got over them. This time with the ionic issue I’m at the end of the road. I’ve owned two Ionics. Both failed as a result of battery issues. In the last ionic that failed December 2021 I was told “…let it cool off and try again…” it was hot to the touch. I did replace it with a sense at that time.

Point is, this was clearly a battery issue but since I do not have it it doesn’t qualify for the recall. 
A very unhappy customer and have lost all faith in Fitbit to stand behind and support their products or customers.

Best Answer

My refund has finally been successful and my "replacement" is already on the way. The following observation might help you too:

When I registered for the first time on saturday evening my reference code would not work all through sunday and this morning. I live in Germany and I began to wonder because the email containing the reference code and the link to verify my account was written in English:

FLav0ured_0-1646684938493.png

This morning I decided to register a second time and was very cautious to select my language properly before starting the registration process. Finally I got a second mail containing a second reference code. This time the mail was written in german:

FLav0ured_1-1646682974878.png

From there on it all worked out just fine. I may have been just lucky on my second try but it might help to pay close attention when chosing the language for the registration process.

Furthermore its safe to say that your device doesn't need to be online for the registration process to succeed as I am not using the Fitbit App on my smartphone right now. My watch is not currently connected to the internet at all. It was linked to my Fitbit account before I started the registration for the refund however.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer