Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync, get Notifications on One Plus 2.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my eye on the Fitbit Ionic for some time, I  totally love the design and reviews of the watch are generally good. I was really looking forward to getting it.

I bought it some hours ago and have been struggling to sync with first my phone, then my pc. Been struggling with notifications, been struggling with installing new clock faces. 

Oh and I have a one plus 2, so apparently it wont work with my phone... I have a windows pc, and it is still very buggy when I try to sync and whatnot...

So now I'm returning it tomorrow... A brand new watch that is such a PAIN to even set up and even more of a pain to try and use is just unacceptable...

I really wish it would work flawlessly out the box because I truly think it's a beautiful watch with supposedly nice features...

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the effort you put into trying to get this fixed, but I've had enough for now.

I'm not willing to spend hours, even days, getting these BASIC problems solved, just to have the sync stop in a week or so (many have this problem too). There are simply way too many problems as of now, and spending $300 on constant annoyance is not worth it.

I will keep looking at these forums and I will probably buy this product again when all the thread headlines have changed to "My Ionic works smoothly!", "I never lose synchronization with my Ionic!", "Heart rate tracker works perfectly". When I see a general tendency to positive feedback, then I'll come back. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Thanks for having registered to the community to tell us. Enjoy your next product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic requirements are listed as "Apple iOS 9 and higher, Android OS 5.0 and higher, or Windows 10 v1607 or higher", so first I would check your Software. That said, a review of the Oneplus 2 said it has Android 5.1, so your phone does meet that requirement, even though Fitbit's compatibility list shows the OnePlus One but not the 2 (likely just because the 2 is so new).  As for Windows, you would have to check your Windows Software version. 

So I would recommend either call Fitbit and they can look at what is happening with your device from their end and determine whether you have a defective device....

OR try uninstalling the fitbit device from the app and the fitbit app from the phone,  reboot the phone, and now that any glitches have been reset, try reinstalling the app and adding the Ionic. Often rebooting will fix a problem whenever you are dealing with computery things.... 

OR to to where you bought the Ionic and exchange it for a different one (my first Ionic was defective but the replacement works well).  Before you add the new one, uninstall the app, reboot the phone, then reinstall the app and add the Ionic...this will clear any hung software glitches before you add the new Ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply!

I think I'm going to ask the store for a replacement and then see if all the sync problems will still occur. If it's a nuisance to use, then I'll ask for my money back and hope that fitbit will make a similar looking watch (I REALLY love the look of the Ionic) that works flawlessly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your having problems getting the ionic connected to the phone, the first thing we would need to know is there type of phone your having problems with my

Best Answer

Rich_Laue ... he said he has a OnePlus 2, which is a phone running Android 5.1 and is the sequel to the OnePlus One (that phone is on the Fitbit compatibility list). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stated in the original post that I have a OnePlus 2. People are saying that the OnePlus2 should be compatible because of Android 5.1.

I have unfortunately found a thread on this forum where MANY people are having issues with OnePlus 2 and the Ionic 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you still have the Ionic, try giving Fitbit a call and they can look at what it is doing on their end and either find/fix the problem or determine that it won't work.  When I had a problem with my first Ionic, I called them and they were very helpful.  

Best Answer

@JoeZH is your phone listed on the compatability page, https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Like Garmin, Fitbit needs to individual test each android model since there is no hardware standards with Android.. if it is not on the tested and found/made to work list your experience may vary. Sorry but android openness has become probmatic to some hardware manufacturers. This seems to be the price we pay for freedom.

Tips that have help other Android users are 

Clearing the Fitbit's app cache

Removing the Fitbit from the phones Bluetooth .

If trying to sync through windows, make sure that the phones Bluetooth if turned off.

As for noticifications please check permissions and make sure they show up on the phones noticifications panal.

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone.
My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone
Try these troubleshooting steps if you're not receiving notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that my phone is not on the list but still meets the requirements. This might be the reason why I'm having trouble.

I have gotten a replacement and I'm in the middle of setting the Ionic up. I'm having the same issues now. No Sync, can't connect to wifi, 4-digit number that I need to enter on my phone wont register.

I'm going back to the store and getting my money back...

I really really wanted to give the Ionic a chance, I really wanted to give fitbit a chance. But wow, there are just problems after problems. I don't understand how a product can be launched all over the world, yet still have these BASIC problems. The thing with a smart watch is that it syncs with your phone. The Ionic can't even do this. It's the most beautiful smart watch on the planet but it can't  even function as a smart watch lol.

And fitbit are not helping at all. Whenever people voice their problems they only blame the user. Try restarting, is your bluetooth on, are you pairing your phone with other objects, try restarting, try resetting, try factory-resetting.

Please fitbit, these sync problems are clearly not "user inflicted", something has clearly gone wrong on the fitbit side.

Please fitbit, if you tell me that you can fix these issues with a software update in the future, then I'll keep the watch and hope for the best. Otherwise I'm going to return it and probably never by a fitbit product again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call them on the phone and get help from a live person in real time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additional phones are continually being added once they are through testing and troubleshooting them.

You mention no sync then say that there code won't work. And mention wifi won't connect.

Let's first work on getting the tracker connected to your account. This is required before a sync can happen.

First you want to make sure the phone's Bluetooth is not connected to the ionic, then I recommend clearing the Fitbit's app cache, restart the phone and the ionic.

Then through the app setup the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the effort you put into trying to get this fixed, but I've had enough for now.

I'm not willing to spend hours, even days, getting these BASIC problems solved, just to have the sync stop in a week or so (many have this problem too). There are simply way too many problems as of now, and spending $300 on constant annoyance is not worth it.

I will keep looking at these forums and I will probably buy this product again when all the thread headlines have changed to "My Ionic works smoothly!", "I never lose synchronization with my Ionic!", "Heart rate tracker works perfectly". When I see a general tendency to positive feedback, then I'll come back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@JoeZH, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your experience. I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps @Rich_Laue has kindly provided. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hey @MarcoGFitbit

Thanks for your comment!

I will be in touch with the support team when they reach out to me and tell them of my experience.

Kind and helpful moderators on these forums are probably the reason why I'm still willing to give fitbit a chance in the future. It just kind of grinds my gears that no one is openly addressing the major, major, major flaws that come with the Ionic. It makes me think that the Ionic doesn't have the specs to do what it is promised to do, and the only solution for fitbit is to try and fix the problems and not the cause. Because if the Ionic could be fixed so it would work properly, then why wont fitbit say the words?

The Ionic, having so many time consuming problems, is unfortunately not for me.

I do sincerely hope that fitbit will make a new watch in the future that inherits the aesthetics of the Ionic. Because I truly love how it looks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoeZH, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and voiced your insight and feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced, I'm sure our Support Team will be able to help you and provide you more options. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer