Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unboxed today Ionic issues :(

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I received my Ionic today and set it up.  However it keeps saying can't find Ionic make sure it's nearby and switched on.  I've had issues updating the software so followed troubleshooting and removed the device from Bluetooth and fitbit app and did a factory reset.  Still the error messages persists.  I've even downloaded the desktop app with the same issues. 

It also keeps restarting during update or when I try to change face or install apps.

It's a new device received today.  I really shouldn't be having these issues.

I'm using it on my Galaxy S8 and paired it to my Zenbook.

Thanks in advance for any help.  This is my 3rd fitbit.... I just want a fitbit that works.

Please see attached Again it was right next to meAgain it was right next to me

Restarted Bluetooth several times even though ionic showed on paired devices listRestarted Bluetooth several times even though ionic showed on paired devices list

Took several attempts to get the clockface changed.  Got error that device not connected too.Took several attempts to get the clockface changed. Got error that device not connected too.

It was nearby and paired to handset.  Wi-Fi again working fine no issues.It was nearby and paired to handset. Wi-Fi again working fine no issues.

There was... notice different time stamps on phone.There was... notice different time stamps on phone.

It's right next to the phone with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled.  Other devices connect fine.  I've even rebooted and reset router.  It works ok for software update and has even managed Deezer music sync.It's right next to the phone with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled. Other devices connect fine. I've even rebooted and reset router. It works ok for software update and has even managed Deezer music sync.

Syncing issuesSyncing issues

UK | Note 9 | Versa 2 SE | (Ionic Addidas Edition | Charge 2 | Blaze) Faulty

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Well not syncingWell not syncing

Look at the time stamp... nothing is working...Look at the time stamp... nothing is working...

It's on and nearbyIt's on and nearby

1 installed after several attempts, the other still failing1 installed after several attempts, the other still failing

Best Answer
0 Votes

App updated after numerous attempts but still not syncing.:(😞

Finally!!Finally!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am I reading it correctly that you are  paired to both your phone and another device (zen book in your case)?

if so deactivate Bluetooth on one of the devices. 

A fitbit will only connect to one device at a time. So you might be trying to update via your phone but will not connect because the Fitbit is actually connected to the other device. 

Best Answer
I only connected to my Zenbook after the fact. I am aware of conflicts
while connected to 2 devices at the same time.

The issues experienced are prior to syncing with my Zenbook. I tried
Zenbook as an alternative.

Thank you for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still experiencing sync and Bluetooth issues..

It's not right that I have to switch off ionic, turn off Bluetooth, clear cache, log out of fitbit app, restart phone, switch ionic back on, switch Bluetooth on, login to app, etc everytime I need to sync the tracker... 

I've gone through troubleshooting steps as found on this website and nothing works! 

My laptop and phone aren't on at the same time so there is no Bluetooth conflict. 

Any advice appreciated...Can't get in to set up wallet either... doing anything is like pulling teeth!Can't get in to set up wallet either... doing anything is like pulling teeth!

Different day, same issue!Different day, same issue!

All day sync on, yet syncing is intermittent.All day sync on, yet syncing is intermittent.

Screenshot_20180902-143732_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180904-172214_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20180904-172308_Fitbit.jpg

1 alternative synced device switched off and still no sync with phone.

Surely it should have resolved itself.  I'm thinking device fault?  All day sync is on, manual sync done, troubleshooting from various suggestions on other posts... nothing...

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had some minor success with updating my phone software.  I still have some issues syncing, but not 100% of the time as I was before.

Best Answer
0 Votes