Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive device after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I updated my Fitbic and now it won't turn on, I already tried to hold the left button for 10 seconds,  but nothing happened.  Any suggestion?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Same with me: I had a fully battery on my Fitbit Ionic, updated the firmware this morning. Now it won’t turn on.

Best Answer

How do you even update the Ionic?  LOL (rhetorical)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't update mine and it stopped working yesterday. I read some people were saying they got it wet and that is when it happened but I've been swimming in mine and showering and it has been fine. I was sitting in a class when it happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Buy a different brand. I’ve had issues since the update and FB customer is no help. They refuse to admit the update is creating issues with the product. 

Best Answer

Hello guys, I'm happy to provide assistance with the difficulties experienced with your Fitbit Ionic devices after the firmware update.

First, I'd like to appreciate each of your posts explaining the inconvenience that's affecting your devices, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be. If your devices are completely unresponsive, my best advice at this moment will be to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation.

The feedback that was shared on this thread is appreciated, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services.

I'll be around, don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HeathersS,

I've actually had Fitbit for years! I started with the little one that hung on your pants, moved to the watch style, 2 to be exact, had 2 of the scales and graduated to the Ionic. I've had the Ionic for almost 2 years, and have had no problems until now. I've been a loyal Fitbit user despite my husband's reluctance. I'm saddened to hear that their customer service has declined because it has always been great over the years. I am curious to see how they handle this problem, now that it is owned by Google. Thanks for your response, I may be switching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

RicardoFitbit-

I did the fix steps to restart. It is no longer showing the Fitbit icon. It now says" Data not cleared sync and try again" with a big X in the display. My battery is fully charged. I've tried to sync to phone and it won't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I found a solution, try holding all 3 buttons simultaneously. My ionic appeared bricked after updating on 9 Dec. I used the menus to shutdown and reboot the watch. In the past I restarted with the back button but this time the watch would not restart. Pressing 3 buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds or 10 secondary brought  the ionic back to normal. I can replicate this problem by restarting the watch so potentially a bug or new way to start the watch. 

Hope it works for you. 

Best Answer

Updated the software yesterday. Experienced the same issues shortly after. Placed fitbit on charger last night and its simply dead and won't respond to anything. (whether on charge or not)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can´t turn on my fitbit after updated mu ionic. Can you help me pls?

Best Answer

I can´t turn on my fitbit after updated my ionic. Can you help me pls?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Spoiler

I had the same issue. I tried every solution I could find online, as well as spoke to someone at Fitbit who had my try almost all of those same things. Nothing solved the problem; still bricked. In the end they said it was out of warranty and they'd offer me a discount on a new one. I said delete my account; time for an Apple watch. Wasn't thrilled about the Google acquisition anyway.

I need to be in a line of work where I can break people's stuff, and then get them to buy something from me. On it's face, completely insane, if not unethical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly multiple people have had problems with this update. Time to do the right thing and give us new replacements.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the answer. If I don´t have a decent and clear response from the FitBit company never more I´ll buy another one. In Addition, I will tell the sad case to the world in my social
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the answer.

Sad situation. I´ll do the same - get a Aplle Watch!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just logged onto the forums this morning because my Ionic appears to be dead as well. I did not do an update, but far too much of a coincidence that I am having the exact same issue as everyone else.

The watch is completely unresponsive (similar to Fitbit help apparently). I have been a loyal Fitbit user for years and all I get is "looks like its dead, here is 25% off your next purchase" response. On top of that, this offer of 25% off to a loyal customer with a defective product is ZERO difference than the current sale price on a new Ionic. What a kind gesture from Fitbit to a person who has used their product for years, offer them the exact same price that's available to anyone to buy new.

This is it for me, I'm done with Fitbit.  There are far too many other available watches on the market now and I am sure they'll offer better support to keep my business.

Best Answer