Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 2.0 broke my fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit Ionic last Saturday and was very excited to use it. It was great up until the Update 2.0. I tried to update it last night and the first attempt froze on the update screen, even though my phone said the update was complete. On my second attempt it froze again after I left it around 5 hours for the 'installation' to complete.

I have now factory reset the Fitbit, and deleted the app from my phone to start over. My phone now wont even setup with the Fitbit.

Any help would be great as I was looking forward to my Fitbit, but now im thinking should I have spent £80 more and got an apple watch (shudder)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Are you iOS or Android?  

Did you remove the Ionic from your fitbit account?  If it is still on your account, you won't have to "re-sync" when you log into the app.  

Try removing the device from your account (you can do that on the website) and then try setting the device up as a new device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Are you iOS or Android?  

Did you remove the Ionic from your fitbit account?  If it is still on your account, you won't have to "re-sync" when you log into the app.  

Try removing the device from your account (you can do that on the website) and then try setting the device up as a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you iOS or Android?  

Did you remove the Ionic from your Fitbit account?  If it is still on your account, you won't have to "re-sync" when you log into the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I just had to remove the device and re-download the app multiple times over and over until it finally synced again and updated. Repetition was key it seemed. Thanks for the help on the recommendation to remove the device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes