Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When changing time zones, my ionic does not update the time. How can it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Let's first go to the Fitbit app / Settings /Advanced Settings. 

Is your timezone set for automatic? 

If it is, after changing timezones the tracker will need to sync for the time to be updated. 

If the timezone is set to manual then the timezone will need to be updated and the tea jet needs to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like @Rich_Laue says. Mind that to update the timezone you still need to sync the device and to sync it you need to be online which may be kinda hard abroad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry about that @SunsetRunner but @Veguy never mentioned anything about being abroad. I assumed since they have a Fitbit, they also have Internet access. 

However in most countries, other then USA free WiFi will be found almost everywhere. 

My niece has been 8 countries overseas and never had a problem getting online or calling home using the internet. Also the major phone providers usually can set the phone up to work in a lot of countries. 

For me when traveling, I leave my watch at home time and simply realize that the time is off by "X" hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue true, I didn't consider that there may be multiple timezones in a single country which I believe is a case for the USA.

Best Answer
0 Votes